Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Dang Squirrels
Posted By: dws1117, 05-11-2008, 08:19 PM

While I really enjoy taking pics of the little rascals, right now they've got me a bit steamed and wanting to give them a .22 caliber after dinner snack. Of course I wont go to those extremes. I really don't want to go to jail for shooting in a residential neighborhood. Heck if I shot'em then I'd loose one of my favorite subjects.

Anyway, sorry for the rant, I came out of the house this morning and found my bird feeder on the ground. The cord used to hang the feeder had been chewed through. May just have to get the little guys their own feeder so maybe they'll leave the bird one alone.

Here is the before, ignore the bird.

After

Last edited by dws1117; 05-11-2008 at 08:51 PM.
Views: 2,348
05-11-2008, 08:41 PM   #2

Hmmm how much does barbed wire cost?
05-11-2008, 10:12 PM   #3
Damn Brit

you could maybe try rubbing garlic on the cord, it can be quite a good repellent. Garlic oil would probably last the longest.
Nice three shot documentary.
05-11-2008, 10:34 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Some people love the little rats and some people hate them either way they sure can be distructive

05-12-2008, 02:30 AM   #5
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
I would opt for a squirrel-free bird feeder (many available) and a "Havahart" live trap for the tree rats. Go at least a couple miles before you release them. This is a method that will retain your sanity, feed the birds and not see you behind bars. Squirrels can be cute at first but they are aggressive, quick breeding and will eventually scare the pretty birds away. Placing the squirrel-free bird feeder without removing the pests will have dire consequences. Without the steady supply of free and available bird seed they will start raiding the nests of the birds eating eggs and live birds. They have to go!