Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
an old Barn
Posted By: mtnbearhug, 05-11-2008, 09:24 PM

Well I took off my Macro lens and put back on my 80-200.... and went for a drive on Saturday to see what I could see..

There are several old barns around my area and I found this one that I could get close enough to, to get some pics without other things being in the way..

It is a shame that these old barns are just withering away.... There a great piece of american history..

Hope you enjoy this one.. Kim
Views: 2,872
05-11-2008, 09:31 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
cool old barn Kim,

I've found that if you drive up to the house and ask permission to photograph them you'l usually be given that permission....

I've never been told I couldn't
05-11-2008, 10:07 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
scary..

But ... But... thats kind of scary.......

There wasn't anyone around though.... see...

It almost felt like "children of the corn"....with me just being on the side of the road...

Glad you liked it... Kim
05-11-2008, 10:37 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Great shots Kim! I love old barns Kim, I know where you are coming from about being a little scary knocking on the doors of strangers

05-11-2008, 10:57 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Reminds me of past gone by

classic and timeless

cheers
05-12-2008, 05:47 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks.

Thanks Rosemary and Cupic...

I am glad you enjoyed them... Cupic you are right.... these old bards are timeless....

Kim
05-12-2008, 08:31 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Old barns are cool. I like the first and the last one you posted best. Nice shots!

05-13-2008, 11:24 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
thanks..

QuoteOriginally posted by Fritz Quote
Old barns are cool. I like the first and the last one you posted best. Nice shots!
Thanks Fred I am glad you liked them... I would love to see the inside of this old thing.. to see how much is still left in there....
05-14-2008, 06:07 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Another old one...

I didn't lilke this old barn as a well because it had to many houses by it.... Great barn just not a nice background for it..

James gave me a suggestion to try these guys Sepia in the POTW.. https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/mini-challenges-games/27252-potw10-4.html so here are a couple I converted..

Thanks James (roentarre) for the great idea.. I really do like the last one I posted....

Kim
05-14-2008, 07:55 AM   #10
Veteran Member

Yes, I think the sepia treatment works very well with these kind of photos. Nice finishing touch. I almost like the second barn better then the first, but it is a shame it isn't in a nicer setting. Well, maybe not nicer, but a more fitting setting for the kind of photo you are trying to get.
05-14-2008, 08:32 AM   #11

Cool. Taking the time to shoot these static objects that are seen everyday is something that should be done everywhere.. I like the sepia tones too.
05-14-2008, 10:46 PM   #12
Veteran Member

Original Poster
stop and take a pic..

QuoteOriginally posted by Fritz Quote
Yes, I think the sepia treatment works very well with these kind of photos. Nice finishing touch. I almost like the second barn better then the first, but it is a shame it isn't in a nicer setting. Well, maybe not nicer, but a more fitting setting for the kind of photo you are trying to get.
Thanks, Fred.. I pass that second barn everytime I take my son to and from his fathers house. I love it... but there are soo many houses around it that it is hard to get a good shot of it with a good background... Darn suburbs anyway!!!!

QuoteOriginally posted by Truax_photo Quote
Cool. Taking the time to shoot these static objects that are seen everyday is something that should be done everywhere.. I like the sepia tones too.
Thanks Truax... I have been meaning to take this pics for some time now..... It is hard to make yourself stop esspecially when you drive by it all the time... but then one day it might be gone... to build more houses... that is the sad part...

Thanks again.. glad you enjoyed them....