Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
  #1
What, Who & Where
Posted By: Bob Harris, 09-05-2014, 08:02 PM

I remembered a shot in this movie with the park in the background, so I pulled the motorhome off the road to take a couple of photos. A young couple pulled behind us and the man got out and started running up the road just like a scene from the movie while his wife photographed him. Their vacation hobby is going to different locations where famous movies were filmed and try to recreate the scene. So with all that said What is the movie, Who was running on the road and Where was it filmed?

Attached Images
 

Views: 1,569
09-05-2014, 08:09 PM   #2
dms
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: New York, NY
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,989
I did not see the entire movie, and not that scene as I recall, but the scenery looks like "Close Encounters of a Third Kind."
09-05-2014, 08:28 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Bob Harris's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Canon City, Colorado
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 18,477
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by dms Quote
I did not see the entire movie, and not that scene as I recall, but the scenery looks like "Close Encounters of a Third Kind."
part of that movie was made here, but this isn't a scene from it.
09-05-2014, 08:34 PM   #4
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
RobG's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Canberra
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 6,107
Forrest Gump?
Fabulous spot in any case!
Where is this, Bob?

09-05-2014, 08:57 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Bob Harris's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Canon City, Colorado
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 18,477
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by RobG Quote
Forrest Gump?
Fabulous spot in any case!
Where is this, Bob?
you got the title of the movie Rob, now what is the rest?
09-05-2014, 09:04 PM   #6
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
RobG's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Canberra
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 6,107
QuoteOriginally posted by Bob Harris Quote
you got the title of the movie Rob, now what is the rest?
Monument Valley, Utah.
09-05-2014, 09:24 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Bob Harris's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Canon City, Colorado
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 18,477
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by RobG Quote
Monument Valley, Utah.
sort of interesting Rob, where I took the photo I was in Utah, but as you enter Monument Valley, you are on Navajo Nation Land which is in Arizona. Who was the actor that played Forest Gump?
09-05-2014, 09:27 PM   #8
Veteran Member
crewl1's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 9,799
Tom Hanks! Great shot

09-05-2014, 09:33 PM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Bob Harris's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Canon City, Colorado
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 18,477
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by crewl1 Quote
Tom Hanks! Great shot
and that completes tonight's quiz. You got it Larry, thanks for viewing.
09-05-2014, 09:59 PM   #10
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
RobG's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Canberra
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 6,107
QuoteOriginally posted by Bob Harris Quote
sort of interesting Rob, where I took the photo I was in Utah, but as you enter Monument Valley, you are on Navajo Nation Land which is in Arizona.
I just checked the location on the map, because I was curious why we didn't go there in 1982. We went from the north rim of the Grand Canyon to Zion then Bryce, then north to Provo, so we were west of Monument Valley. I should have checked the map before I responded, but I did an image search for Monument Valley (hadn't seen your other post BTW) which said Utah, not Arizona. On the other hand, one of your fellow Americans should have beaten me to it!
09-06-2014, 05:35 AM   #11
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
Bruce Clark's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Brookfield, Victoria
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 4,290
Fabulous shot
09-06-2014, 06:22 AM   #12
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Sailor's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Coastal Texas
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 22,700
Great!! I knew the shot reminded me of something . . . . . . but I doubt that I would have come up with the right answer. Good timing!

Jer
09-06-2014, 06:24 AM   #13
Loyal Site Supporter
waterfall's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Northern Minnesota
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,812
QuoteOriginally posted by Bob Harris Quote
I remembered a shot in this movie with the park in the background, so I pulled the motorhome off the road to take a couple of photos. A young couple pulled behind us and the man got out and started running up the road just like a scene from the movie while his wife photographed him. Their vacation hobby is going to different locations where famous movies were filmed and try to recreate the scene. So with all that said What is the movie, Who was running on the road and Where was it filmed?
The scene was in "Forrest Gump."
09-06-2014, 09:08 AM   #14
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
wtlwdwgn's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Billings, MT
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 12,471
That's a popular spot on US 160 to shoot from. You could buy a postcard of it but why would you when you can shoot your own?
09-06-2014, 09:01 PM   #15
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Bob Harris's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Canon City, Colorado
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 18,477
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by RobG Quote
I just checked the location on the map, because I was curious why we didn't go there in 1982. We went from the north rim of the Grand Canyon to Zion then Bryce, then north to Provo, so we were west of Monument Valley. I should have checked the map before I responded, but I did an image search for Monument Valley (hadn't seen your other post BTW) which said Utah, not Arizona. On the other hand, one of your fellow Americans should have beaten me to it!
you'll have to put this one on your must see list Rob, you'll be amazed!

---------- Post added 09-06-14 at 09:04 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Bruce Clark Quote
Fabulous shot
thanks Bruce, it's easy taking good photos in this location, just click the button.

---------- Post added 09-06-14 at 09:05 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
Great!! I knew the shot reminded me of something . . . . . . but I doubt that I would have come up with the right answer. Good timing!

Jer
thanks bud, we were really surprised when the guy got out of the car and started running up the road, then the wife explained it to us. Lucky to be there to take the shot for sure.

---------- Post added 09-06-14 at 09:06 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by waterfall Quote
The scene was in "Forrest Gump."
that's it, a great movie for sure.

---------- Post added 09-06-14 at 09:07 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by wtlwdwgn Quote
That's a popular spot on US 160 to shoot from. You could buy a postcard of it but why would you when you can shoot your own?
Hadn't thought of that Steve, hey I saved money, something that usually doesn't happen.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, christmas, couple, jim, location, map, monument, movie, photo, pm, post, road, scene, shot, time, valley
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Keeping track of what film is where filoxophy Pentax Film SLR Discussion 14 08-20-2014 02:39 PM
Who is using what? K5 Guy Digital Processing, Software, and Printing 12 11-15-2013 03:34 PM
Who Pay$ Photogapher$ - What? interested_observer Photographic Industry and Professionals 5 03-10-2013 07:15 AM
Architecture where those who dare to leave pentax are sent......... dcmsox2004 Post Your Photos! 11 04-01-2011 07:55 AM
What/who wrote the bible? wildman General Talk 49 04-22-2010 02:29 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:41 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top