Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
A long journey
Posted By: Colin Clarke, 09-05-2014, 11:39 PM

For as long as I can remember I have always loved photographs. Some of my fondest memories growing up were looking through old family photo albums and finding out about past relatives.

I got my first camera, a Kodak Instamatic, when I was around 7 years old, and rarely went anywhere without it. In 1976 after saving enough money from after school jobs, I finally entered the wonderful world of SLR with the purchase of an Olympus OM1 and a Soviet made black and white enlarger. I spent the next few months going through a bucket load of Ilford film, photographing anything that would stand still long enough.
Unfortunately a few months later my father passed away suddenly, and due to financial difficulties, I sold the camera and enlarger to help pay for a much needed car for the family.

It wasn’t until the early 80’s that I decided to get back into photography, purchasing my next SLR; a Fujica STX 1, which is all I could afford at the time. But wasn’t long before marriage, mortgage and children took priority and I ended up selling the camera for more practical necessities.
It is only over the last 6 months I have decided to get serious about photography again, purchasing a second hand Pentax KR with 28 – 80mm zoom and joining the Pentax Forum, with the expectation that I will hold on to this camera for a while and to benefit from the knowledge and experience of forum members.

The picture I took shows what my best friend thinks of my photographic capabilities. Hopefully a 50mm Pentax lens, while not working miracles, will help improve my skill as a very amateur photographer and also improve canine relations.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-r  Photo 

Last edited by Colin Clarke; 09-09-2014 at 03:34 AM.
Views: 521