Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 14 Likes Search this Thread
14 Likes  #1
THE Reason
Posted By: alwaysjerricky, 09-06-2014, 01:23 AM

Hi all members,

Introduction: I switched from Canon to Pentax in January this year and I have no regrets. I'm currently a student and photography is my hobby, and sometimes I shoot events in my school too. However, I mostly shoot landscapes & streets during my spare time (my portfolio is https://www.flickr.com/photos/alwaysjerricky) and I must say Pentax produces excellent cameras for these 2 categories.

Why: I think I deserve to win this because I have a lot of passion for photography and I think I will push the limits of the da50 (if I ever won it). I also spend a lot of time improving myself to create better pictures. I believe this da50 will help me improve my composition skills as it is a prime lens and I have to learn to move my camera to capture the shot I want. Moreover, the wide 1.8 aperture is really useful for me when I'm shooting events, especially at night. Lastly I will put this lens to good use and make ME the worthy person to give this lens to

I will end off with a personal favorite of mine. Although it is not the best in my opinion, but I hope my pictures will get better along the way, because photography is a skill that needs constant improvement!

Last edited by alwaysjerricky; 09-14-2014 at 02:36 AM.
Views: 1,170
09-16-2014, 02:40 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
What lens is this shot with? Which camera?
09-19-2014, 03:58 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Who cares, "Why"? This is a stunning commercial grade image. Bravo.
09-19-2014, 08:01 PM   #4

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by bradshea Quote
What lens is this shot with? Which camera?
Hi, I'm using a K-3 with Sigma 10-20, but like what MD Optofonik has mentioned, I don't think they matter. Gears are only the tools on a photographer's hand

QuoteOriginally posted by MD Optofonik Quote
Who cares, "Why"? This is a stunning commercial grade image. Bravo.
Thank you very much for you kind comment!

09-21-2014, 01:54 AM   #5
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Good solid work displayed in this image, well done and good luck.
09-21-2014, 04:32 AM   #6

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
Good solid work displayed in this image, well done and good luck.
Thank you for your compliment.

Thank you for those who have liked my post as well. The voting is coming to an end and I'm still 6 votes away from the top post. Even though I may not win this contest, your likes and encouragement mean a lot to me
09-22-2014, 08:39 AM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by alwaysjerricky Quote
Hi, I'm using a K-3 with Sigma 10-20, but like what MD Optofonik has mentioned, I don't think they matter. Gears are only the tools on a photographer's hand
So true. For years and years I shot my 35mm with only a 50mm and a 2x converter to change to a longer view when needed. Occasionally I used other people's lenses but mostly it was just that one 50mm f/2 - and I got a lot of great shots. The creativity of the mind's eye is more important than than the tools - I asked to understand the context and the composition work needed to get the shot. I really like it.

07-03-2018, 11:08 AM   #8
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Hi all members,

Introduction: I switched from Canon to Pentax in January this year and I have no regrets. I'm currently a student and photography is my hobby, and sometimes I shoot events in my school too. However, I mostly shoot landscapes & streets during my spare time (my portfolio is Jerrick Lim | Flickr) and I must say Pentax produces excellent cameras for these 2 categories.

Why: I think I deserve to win this because I have a lot of passion for photography and I think I will push the limits of the da50 (if I ever won it). I also spend a lot of time improving myself to create better pictures. I believe this da50 will help me improve my composition skills as it is a prime lens and I have to learn to move my camera to capture the shot I want. Moreover, the wide 1.8 aperture is really useful for me when I'm shooting events, especially at night. Lastly I will put this lens to good use and make ME the worthy person to give this lens to

I will end off with a personal favorite of mine. Although it is not the best in my opinion, but I hope my pictures will get better along the way, because photography is a skill that needs constant improvement!
Yep, just the right angle.
07-03-2018, 11:29 AM   #9
Pentaxian

Actually focal length matters a great deal. Only when I got UWA capability did I realize how 50mm thinking was imprisoning what I could do.