Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
J.D. McPherson
Lens: Pentax-A f:1.7 / 50mm Camera: K-x Photo Location: Vaudeville Mews, Des Moines, Iowa ISO: 3200 Shutter Speed: 1/30s Aperture: F2.8 
Posted By: GibbyTheMole, 09-08-2014, 07:45 AM

Went to see J.D. McPherson and his awesome band in Des Moines Saturday night. If you dig authentic rockabilly with a modern twist, you need to check this guy out. They put on a terrific show. The lighting made it difficult, but here are a few shots from the evening:

After the show, J.D. and bassist Jimmy Sutton came out and hung with the crowd. They visited with my group for quite a little while, and were extremely nice guys. My wife had her Pentax Q with her and I took a quick snap of J.D. and my friend with it. J.D. said "Is that a digital camera? That thing's cool! What is that?" So maybe we'll have another Pentaxian in the group. Ya never know.
Views: 699
09-08-2014, 12:49 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Yeah, he's an analog guy, so we may suck him in with our old-school sensibilities. Great band. I've worn out their debut album and we got to hear them in Seattle last year. They're coming back this winter and we'll go again.