Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 4 Likes Search this Thread
3 Likes  #1
50mm Lens Giveaway
Posted By: SVRichard, 09-14-2014, 04:48 PM

Honestly. I don't know why I would deserve the Pentax DA 50mm lens more then anyone else but what I do know is my old smc Pentax-A 1:2 50mm lens is fine to a degree but I'll admit I'm looking forward to be able to use all the belles and whistles my Pentax K5 would have to offer with such an awesome lens as the Pentax DA 50mm would be… aside from it's waterproof, automatic, and (I bet) a lot sharper, it would save me a lot of money. But most of all It would be a joy to own, handle and continue my passion and thus improve my photography.

PS. I do own a nice macro Sigma 70-300mm DG so it great to rely on it for versatility and yes functionality. But anyway I do need the Pentax DA 50mm to say the least… It remains to be seen how it will land in my kit.

Here is a recent photo of small worlds taken with the Sigma.

All the best everyone, seriously, I still want it but all the best just the same.

PS. This photo I took on my way back from a small trip to a local lake. A bit fuzzy 'cause its handheld but I really enjoyed the feeling of a small community of let's say creatures as if they could twist and turns by themselves. Anyhow, was just musing around that is.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 

Last edited by SVRichard; 09-14-2014 at 05:10 PM.
Views: 592
07-22-2018, 01:31 PM   #2
Custom User Title
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by SVRichard Quote
Honestly. I don't know why I would deserve the Pentax DA 50mm lens more then anyone else but what I do know is my old smc Pentax-A 1:2 50mm lens is fine to a degree but I'll admit I'm looking forward to be able to use all the belles and whistles my Pentax K5 would have to offer with such an awesome lens as the Pentax DA 50mm would be… aside from it's waterproof, automatic, and (I bet) a lot sharper, it would save me a lot of money. But most of all It would be a joy to own, handle and continue my passion and thus improve my photography.

PS. I do own a nice macro Sigma 70-300mm DG so it great to rely on it for versatility and yes functionality. But anyway I do need the Pentax DA 50mm to say the least… It remains to be seen how it will land in my kit.

Here is a recent photo of small worlds taken with the Sigma.

All the best everyone, seriously, I still want it but all the best just the same.

PS. This photo I took on my way back from a small trip to a local lake. A bit fuzzy 'cause its handheld but I really enjoyed the feeling of a small community of let's say creatures as if they could twist and turns by themselves. Anyhow, was just musing around that is.
nice focus! good work! smooth bokeh!
07-22-2018, 05:58 PM - 1 Like   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
What ever they are, it is an interesting and unique view