Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
2 Likes  #1
Bicycle- very first out door photo taken from very first DSLR
Posted By: lawjie, 09-14-2014, 05:59 PM

Hi,
A little bit about this photo: I was lucky enough to capture this on the second day after receiving my very first DSLR, Pentax K-30. The ability to zoom in to focus on the subject, and being able to twist around the contrast/highlight of RAW file, quickly made me fall in love with this DSLR. I didn't like to take pictures before, until I got this camera. Soon I found out, having this baby isn't enough, I need to know more about the proper photography technique, and I need to found out what's my own art style.

I'm currently a college student. Recently I got a chance to follow a professional wedding photographer to observe his photography technique. This unique opportunity made me rethink a lot about photography. Currently I only have one prime lens, that is the Pentax 100mm f/2.8 WR D FA smc Macro Lens. But 100mm isn't very convenience to shoot people, Buying the 100mm lens already broken my bank. So If I'm lucky enough to get this 50mm prime lens, I'm hoping it'll show me a new perspective of shooting experience!

Every time I look at the photos that I just took, there're always some photos that make me go "wow, damn I'm good"; But once I got home and import them into my computer, I be like "Okay, today I got 1, or 2 good pictures"; then there is after awhile, a month or long period when I look back at my photos, I be like "Damn, should I delete them? most of them are USABLE". All I'm trying to say is that I think Photography is a on-going, lifetime learning process, and I still need a lots of investment(like the Pentax DA50) to help me along on this adventure!

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-30  Photo 

Views: 762