Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
A flag, some flowers and a plop..
Posted By: mtnbearhug, 05-12-2008, 05:58 PM

Went out driving this weekend and found a plethera of different things to shoot.... I hope you enjoy them... C&C is always welcomed...

It was pretty windy but couldn't resist trying to get some pics of this flag... Looking so proud in the wind..

Just down the from the flag the flowers were engulfing the hillside...

A new crop that some farmers are growing are Canoloa Flowers for Canola oil.. The fields are just bright yellow, but with the wind I only was only able to get one descent shot..

Lastly, I came across this excellant place to plop a spot and watch the day go by... it looks pretty comfy to me!!!!

Hope you enjoyed my little drive!! Kim
Views: 2,883
05-12-2008, 06:00 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Great series, Kim. I really like #3. The way it just keeps going. I really like fields like that. Don't get many in the city.
05-13-2008, 02:13 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Looking good Ki8m,
I like #3 as well
05-13-2008, 02:39 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Nice composition

I like the second one

cheers

05-13-2008, 08:49 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Very nice images Kim, can't believe that the canola is already in bloom, around here it's barely in the ground.

Thanks for posting,
05-13-2008, 09:49 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Nice shots Kim, sure is good to have some nice weather. By the end of the week we're supposed to be in the eighties:-).
05-13-2008, 11:17 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Glad you enjoyed them..

QuoteOriginally posted by dws1117 Quote
Great series, Kim. I really like #3. The way it just keeps going. I really like fields like that. Don't get many in the city.
QuoteOriginally posted by little laker Quote
Looking good Kim, I like #3 as well
Really? hmmm I figured #3 would be the one that everyone critiqued... it was really hard to get a good pic due to the wind.. but it does give a good picture of the size of the field and the brightness of flowers...

QuoteOriginally posted by cupic Quote
Nice composition I like the second one cheers
Thanks Cupic.... The hillsides were just covered with them...luckily I was up hill and standing into the wind so I could get a couple shots..

QuoteOriginally posted by Heinrich Lohmann Quote
Very nice images Kim, can't believe that the canola is already in bloom, around here it's barely in the ground. Thanks for posting,
Your welcome Heinrich... it has only been in the last 2 weeks or so since they have bloomed.. there are still some that are just now starting to bloom.....

QuoteOriginally posted by Eaglerapids Quote
Nice shots Kim, sure is good to have some nice weather. By the end of the week we're supposed to be in the eighties:-).
Thanks Eaglerapids I am glad you enjoyed them... yep.. according to the news we may see the low 90's in the Boise Valley this weekend..... summer has finally arrived..

05-14-2008, 06:25 PM   #8
Veteran Member

QuoteQuote:
Really? hmmm I figured #3 would be the one that everyone critiqued... it was really hard to get a good pic due to the wind.. but it does give a good picture of the size of the field and the brightness of flowers...
It just goes to show how different we all see. Many times photos that I though were terrific got ho hum comments. Keep up the great work.
05-14-2008, 06:33 PM   #9
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Hey Kim, I'm attracted to #1 because of the clarity of color and my Pavlovian association of a flag blowing at level of lift indicates great sailing. The last one, however, is my favorite owing the irony of a white plastic chair juxtaposed with a rustic fence and flowering tree - really nice.

Jer
05-14-2008, 10:36 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks..

QuoteOriginally posted by dws1117 Quote
It just goes to show how different we all see. Many times photos that I though were terrific got ho hum comments. Keep up the great work.
That is soo true Wayne... That is the one thing with art... you never know who is going to like.. and why..... That is what makes it sooo much fun...

QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
Hey Kim, I'm attracted to #1 because of the clarity of color and my Pavlovian association of a flag blowing at level of lift indicates great sailing. The last one, however, is my favorite owing the irony of a white plastic chair juxtaposed with a rustic fence and flowering tree - really nice.

Jer
Glad you liked my flag Jer.. I was really proud of the color I captured and the look of it flying in the wind...

The last reminds me a just nice spot to plot on a hot day.. and enjoy life!!!

thanks everyone, I appreciate all the kind words...