Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
Deception Pass
Camera: K5ii 
Posted By: troika, 09-21-2014, 09:28 PM

A series from the last weekend of summer in the PacNW. I posted one photo from this series in "critique" as well, because I had a specific question about it, but I always welcome advice and critique on any of my photos. I'm learning as fast as I can and enjoying every step of the way.

Cornet Bay

From the summit of Goose Rock

A local

Under the bridge

Sunset on Puget Sound
Views: 699
09-24-2014, 04:55 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
The most important person who needs to appreciate these images is of course you. Digital photography allows very rapid feedback for learning keep it up
09-24-2014, 05:44 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Keep working on finding the best angels for each image... the first and last are nice, but they were the easy ones...
09-24-2014, 07:26 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Thanks for the feedback, both of you. Yeah, the 1st one just laid out before me and I took it. Put the little piece of land on the left in the rule of 3rd line and got the focal length that I wanted.

The last one, actually I tried a lot of ways from a lot of spots as the sun was setting. Didn't really get what I wanted, but this was the best of them to my eye.

#2 was from the top of a climb, but there were power lines and scrub trees and things up there and I hadn't have hiked so hard to get there I probably wouldn't have bothered. Nothing really spoke to me and it was about 11am, so no special light.

The chipmonk was a snapshot.

How would you have photographed the bridge differently? I was really inspired by the location, but not so much with the result. Any ideas?

The best angle I got of the bridge, I posted here.
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/41-photo-critique/273724-landscape-deception-pass.html
The sun was hitting the cliff in a nice way too. I posted it in critique because I wasn't happy with the horizon line and wanted advice, which I got and need to go and play with.

I really value the feedback and appreciate the comments all around.

Last edited by troika; 09-25-2014 at 05:16 PM.
09-25-2014, 05:12 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Thanks for sharing. I was stationed at the Naval Air Station on Whidby Island for 2 years and I went across the pass a boatload of times. Really enjoyed my time there.