Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
2 Likes  #1
Fall Colours in the park.
Lens: DA 18-135- DA*60-250 Camera: K-3 Photo Location: Algonquin Park, Ontario, Canada ISO: 100 
Posted By: normhead, 09-24-2014, 01:00 PM

Without further adieu

Slide show with these plus 13 more images. Click Here.
Views: 2,012
09-24-2014, 01:06 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Wow - brilliant colors! Your reflection shots are especially nice. All we have down here are a few things turning brown, with a little yellow here & there.
09-24-2014, 02:10 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by paulh Quote
Wow - brilliant colors! Your reflection shots are especially nice. All we have down here are a few things turning brown, with a little yellow here & there.
But in the ear of winter when it's -30 degrees up here, you'll be laughing...
09-24-2014, 03:06 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Some excellent pictures there Norm.

As you may know, I'm in Manitoba and right now the fall colours are really coming into their own. We don't get very much red (darn it)....but do get lot's of yellow. This week....Monday...my wife and I went out to western Manitoba to the southern escarpment...which is in the southern Boreal forest.

A bit early there, but still some ok pics.

Friday...we're driving out to the Canadian Shield in Manitoba...may go to Kenora by the Lake of the Woods.

I find during the fall....out here.... you have to move fast before winds blow the leaves down.

09-24-2014, 03:24 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
A really good series of shots that shows how Nature uses her palette.
09-24-2014, 03:34 PM   #6
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by lesmore49 Quote
Some excellent pictures there Norm.

As you may know, I'm in Manitoba and right now the fall colours are really coming into their own. We don't get very much red (darn it)....but do get lot's of yellow. This week....Monday...my wife and I went out to western Manitoba to the southern escarpment...which is in the southern Boreal forest.

A bit early there, but still some ok pics.

Friday...we're driving out to the Canadian Shield in Manitoba...may go to Kenora by the Lake of the Woods.

I find during the fall....out here.... you have to move fast before winds blow the leaves down.
It's not much different here, it won't be long before the reds are gone and just the yellow aspens are left.

QuoteOriginally posted by eaglem Quote
A really good series of shots that shows how Nature uses her palette.
The reds and oranges really are the highlights of the season. Thanks for commenting.
09-24-2014, 03:47 PM   #7
jac
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Makes me homesick, Norm.

09-24-2014, 05:38 PM   #8
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Maybe you need to take some of those images and make a couple of wall murals or something...
09-24-2014, 05:50 PM   #9
Veteran Member

This makes me excited for my trip tomorrow. Its a bit early yet for these parts, but I'm making a run for Baxter and Mount Katahdin tomorrow.
09-25-2014, 06:22 AM   #10
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Ah, what a pleasure to see for us folks who live in places where fall colors are few and far between. Great photos, Norm.

Jer
09-25-2014, 06:23 AM   #11
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Sagitta Quote
This makes me excited for my trip tomorrow. Its a bit early yet for these parts, but I'm making a run for Baxter and Mount Katahdin tomorrow.
We are at least a week early up here, so hopefully you'll be fine.
09-25-2014, 05:17 PM   #12

Photos: Albums
Fall in Algonquin

Awesome series. I especially like the reflection shot directly after the beaver swimming....very group of seven-ish....
Colors are just starting here on the east coast....Can't wait.
Thanks for sharing
Scott
09-25-2014, 05:58 PM   #13
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Very nice.
Reminds me of Japan. They have the Japanese Maple which produce the same strong red colours. (Smaller leaves) But they also are the country of the Ginkgo Tree and when they turn they produce this very strong, almost fluorescent, yellow when they catch the sun light. Among all this red and some green, looks fantastic.

I go to Japan a lot but have only seen it once many years ago when I was on a business trip during their autumn (around November) but I did not have a camera with me because it was stolen in Vietnam on this trip. But ever since I have this desire to go back during their autumn to take pictures.

Nice pics

Greetings
09-25-2014, 06:02 PM   #14
Veteran Member

Awesome Norm,

Hard to beat fall colours in Ontario.

Tom G
09-29-2014, 01:09 PM   #15
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by sawicksted Quote
Awesome series. I especially like the reflection shot directly after the beaver swimming....very group of seven-ish....
Colors are just starting here on the east coast....Can't wait.
Thanks for sharing
Scott
That's an otter Scott, but it is hard to tell the difference from that angle and without his body showing. Thanks for commenting.

QuoteOriginally posted by Schraubstock Quote
Very nice.
Reminds me of Japan. They have the Japanese Maple which produce the same strong red colours. (Smaller leaves) But they also are the country of the Ginkgo Tree and when they turn they produce this very strong, almost fluorescent, yellow when they catch the sun light. Among all this red and some green, looks fantastic.

I go to Japan a lot but have only seen it once many years ago when I was on a business trip during their autumn (around November) but I did not have a camera with me because it was stolen in Vietnam on this trip. But ever since I have this desire to go back during their autumn to take pictures.

Nice pics

Greetings
Here we are 5 days later, and the reds are pretty much done, it's a short season.

QuoteOriginally posted by 8540tomg Quote
Awesome Norm,

Hard to beat fall colours in Ontario.

Tom G
They've been awesome this year. Thanks.