Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Line and Form - Another One for Kerrowdown
Lens: DA 18-135 Camera: K-3 Photo Location: Chania, Crete ISO: 800 Shutter Speed: 1/200s Aperture: F8 
Posted By: RobA_Oz, 09-26-2014, 09:58 AM

Strolling around the lovely town of Chania on Crete, I chanced upon this happy combination of line and form, and just had to record the scene for our friend Kerrowdown:

The subject, as you see, had perfectly aligned her legs with the railings on the steps. To preserve her identity, I naturally positioned her eyes (how else would you recognise her?) behind the railing. Clearly, her neighbours were oblivious to the potential for visual imagery.

So many images, so little time...
Views: 846
09-26-2014, 11:05 AM   #2
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
A gentleman with the same advanced imagery perception as myself for both line and form.
08-30-2018, 02:32 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by RobA_Oz Quote
Strolling around the lovely town of Chania on Crete, I chanced upon this happy combination of line and form, and just had to record the scene for our friend Kerrowdown:

The subject, as you see, had perfectly aligned her legs with the railings on the steps. To preserve her identity, I naturally positioned her eyes (how else would you recognise her?) behind the railing. Clearly, her neighbours were oblivious to the potential for visual imagery.

So many images, so little time...
When I saw the photo I immediately thought it must be Kerrowdown's work. So when I say your comment I realized I was not far wrong
08-30-2018, 02:36 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Mikesul Quote
When I saw the photo I immediately thought it must be Kerrowdown's work. So when I say your comment I realized I was not far wrong
Separated as we are by space and time, we are as one when it comes to certain subjects.

08-30-2018, 02:53 PM   #5
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
we are as one when it comes to certain subjects
I couldnae be possibly be drawn to comment... for fear of incriminating myself further.
08-30-2018, 02:57 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
I couldnae be possibly be drawn to comment... for fear of incriminating myself further.
Oh, go on. Might as well be hanged for a sheep as a lamb!
08-30-2018, 03:01 PM   #7
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Oh, go on.
Ok... I'd have gone in and been up close and personal.

08-30-2018, 04:25 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
Ok... I'd have gone in and been up close and personal.

Well, at least we could say that the perspective might have emphasised aspects of the form, somewhat.