Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Night Landscapes and Astrophotography, Round 2
Lens: Kit 18-55:f3.5-5.6 DAL WR Camera: Pentax K-50 Photo Location: Prince Gallitzin State Park 
Posted By: Auzzie-Phoenix, 10-03-2014, 01:46 AM

Had to get out and make another attempt tonight, as the previous nights ended up being pretty bad for shooting and tomorrow night we're expecting rain and 15-16 mph winds. I have more images, but I considered these to be the best, especially since I'm unfamiliar with properly editing raw files still (need some practice). As always, the ISO, fstop, and exposure settings are varied.

We'll start with the landscapes first:

And now for the Astrophotography shots:

I'm still in the process of learning deep sky stacker, so nothing coming from that yet. These are all straight from the camera with no post processing, except to resample the image to 20% of original size.
Views: 1,267

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
astrophotography, camera, dark, lake, landscape, landscapes, moon, night, night landscapes, photo, practice, reflection, stars, state park