Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
  #1
Here is a little.....
Posted By: Heinrich Lohmann, 05-14-2008, 06:21 PM

......Orb Weaver



Here he is packing a lunch but wait, oh no it's my little wasp



Now we're taken it home



But it won't fit through the door



He actually turned it around and did get it into his hiding place.

All images with K10D and DFA 1:2.8 100 Macro plus 360 flash
Views: 2,902
05-14-2008, 06:24 PM   #2
Damn Brit
Guest




That is a great set of photos Heinrich.
Gary
05-14-2008, 06:27 PM   #3
SouthShoreRob
Guest




Awesome stuff; further proof I need to get me a macro lens. Just out of curiosity, do you point the 360 directly at the subject, or do you bounce/mitigate its intensity somehow to prevent wash-out?

Rob
05-14-2008, 06:29 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
Sailor's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Coastal Texas
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 23,866
Great shots, Heinrich. They give me the "willies" but they're great nonetheless.

Jer

05-14-2008, 08:10 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Heinrich Lohmann's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Airdrie, Alberta Canada
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 7,874
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Damn Brit Quote
That is a great set of photos Heinrich.
Gary
Thank you Gary for looking and commenting.

Take care,
05-14-2008, 08:16 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Heinrich Lohmann's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Airdrie, Alberta Canada
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 7,874
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by SouthShoreRob Quote
Awesome stuff; further proof I need to get me a macro lens. Just out of curiosity, do you point the 360 directly at the subject, or do you bounce/mitigate its intensity somehow to prevent wash-out?

Rob
Hi Rob and thank you. As for the flash, it depends on the circumstances. Ideally its wireless anywhere but from the front, today I had it right on the camera. Outside on a windy day with a macro lens in manual focus mode I sort of need both hands. It's different with stationary subjects, flash in one hand and the camera in the other usually works for me.

Take care,
05-14-2008, 08:25 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Heinrich Lohmann's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Airdrie, Alberta Canada
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 7,874
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
Great shots, Heinrich. They give me the "willies" but they're great nonetheless.

Jer
Thank you Yer. No, they don't give me the "willies". I get to see things that I would never see with my naked eye. Like this tiny spider, it was no more than 3mm in total lenght and the web strings where just about invisible. I have no idea whether this is a mature tiny spider or a juvenile of some species.



Take care,

05-14-2008, 08:30 PM   #8
Igilligan
Guest




Oh great spider...

Heinrich, a nice series of a wonderful spider... The DFA is an underated macro IMO... And in that wind you got to focus, shoot and hope... you did well in trying conditions


It has been hot and way too windy here for macro shootin' the last few days. (no flash) And my big spiders dont show up until later in the season.... (spider season) haha

thanks for sharing and keep them coming...
05-15-2008, 03:51 AM   #9
Veteran Member
timbo13's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Northboro MA, USA
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,007
Heinrich, I really enjoy your insect images. They are always so clear and interesting.

thanks for posting them

Tim
05-15-2008, 04:07 AM   #10
Veteran Member
roentarre's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 11,787
Mmmm, they certainly look yummy! Thank you for posting more macro for me to envy with
05-15-2008, 04:55 AM   #11
Veteran Member




Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 439
I hate spiders, and your macros were so good I scrolled past them hastily, Heinrich!

Yikes
05-15-2008, 06:03 AM   #12
Veteran Member
ftpaddict's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Yurp
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 4,666
Impressive shots with good story to go along.
05-15-2008, 06:17 AM   #13
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Heinrich Lohmann's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Airdrie, Alberta Canada
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 7,874
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Igilligan Quote
Heinrich, a nice series of a wonderful spider... The DFA is an underated macro IMO... And in that wind you got to focus, shoot and hope... you did well in trying conditions


It has been hot and way too windy here for macro shootin' the last few days. (no flash) And my big spiders dont show up until later in the season.... (spider season) haha

thanks for sharing and keep them coming...
Thank you Gus and yes that is a very fine lens as far as the optics are concerned, if Pentax would just improve the build quality it would be an outstanding lens.

Take care,
05-15-2008, 06:32 AM   #14
Pentaxian




Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Canada
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 958
QuoteOriginally posted by Heinrich Lohmann Quote
Thank you Yer. No, they don't give me the "willies". I get to see things that I would never see with my naked eye. Like this tiny spider, it was no more than 3mm in total lenght and the web strings where just about invisible. I have no idea whether this is a mature tiny spider or a juvenile of some species.



Take care,
I believe that's a young Jewel Spider. Perfectly harmless, native to Alberta, and good for the environment.
05-15-2008, 07:35 AM   #15
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Heinrich Lohmann's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Airdrie, Alberta Canada
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 7,874
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by timbo13 Quote
Heinrich, I really enjoy your insect images. They are always so clear and interesting.

thanks for posting them

Tim
Thank you and you are welcome Tim.

Take care,
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, photo
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:28 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top