Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Never When You Need one
Posted By: Kerrowdown, 10-04-2014, 09:51 AM

Is it small wonder just as the weather starts to turn... they all disappear (Buses).

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K20D  Photo 

Last edited by Kerrowdown; 10-04-2014 at 10:13 AM.
Views: 1,326
10-04-2014, 05:00 PM   #2

Cool, I like how the buses create leading lines that draw the eye towards the cathedral.
10-05-2014, 03:29 AM   #3
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by pdvair Quote
Cool, I like how the buses create leading lines that draw the eye towards the cathedral
Thanks, it was just the sheer number of them and so little other traffic that caught my eye. Also the severe wetting that was inevitable, as it was about to rain heavily. I know camera's WR blah blah blah, but me and lenses aren't.

Remember also that this is Princes Street in Edinburgh which is one of the main thoroughfares.
10-05-2014, 06:26 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Got to love the way the mid-tele fills the frame--I don't think you could get the Scot memorial and the Castle in the same shot better (unless you were up on the Nelson monument with a "Bigma.") I'm intrigued that the (I'm assuming) A-series renders this "cool"--or maybe it's just the way the light comes a-slantin' at that latitude close to the autumn equinox.

10-05-2014, 06:36 AM   #5
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by CreationBear Quote
Got to love the way the mid-tele fills the frame--I don't think you could get the Scot memorial and the Castle in the same shot better
Aye the "Special Lady" (SMC Pentax-A 50mm F1.2) rides again, I'm starting to spend much more time out on dates with her recently, just to try and fully exploit her.

it's just the way the light comes a-slantin' at that latitude close to the autumn equinox
Your right but also the on coming storm, just altered the quality and nature of the light to this slightly cooler tone, just look at the slight blue haze on the background.
10-05-2014, 06:42 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Excellent, thanks for elaborating--it seems as if "fast glass" is "good glass," no matter what aperture you have dialed in.
10-05-2014, 06:49 AM   #7
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
it seems as if "fast glass" is "good glass"
Aye, but there's a whole heap of folk here that say... fast glass is now a thing of the past.

Each to their own, I rather like my "fast glass".

10-05-2014, 06:57 AM   #8
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
I rather like my "fast glass"

I wouldn't have that A 135, though--all I'd ever want to shoot with it would be the coeds piling out of the first Yogalates class of the morning, and the lawyers have made themselves quite clear about that...

10-05-2014, 08:11 AM   #9
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
all I'd ever want to shoot with it would be the coeds piling out of the first Yogalates class of the morning
Hmm...

Does sound like potential for "Lawsuits R Us" to get busy.