Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Downtown Toronto
Posted By: k100d, 05-14-2008, 08:35 PM

had the day off today and took some pictures while i went to grab some stuff. all photos taken with the DA21 with minimal PP.

it's my first go at street photography, for people photos, i held the camera horizontal waist height while walking and hit the shutter and hoped for the best! these are probably the best ones of the day. it was cloudy and i haven't gotten a solid handle on the metering, what looked underexposed actually turned out alright.

comments and especially criticisms welcome

Last edited by k100d; 05-14-2008 at 08:52 PM.
Views: 1,236
05-14-2008, 08:51 PM   #2

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I like the third one. You can definitely tell it is that person's cart. Few things are better than a hot dog from a street cart/
05-14-2008, 09:19 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I like the Mall shot the best, but they are all clear as a bell, nice lens.
05-15-2008, 03:58 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Me thinks they're great blind-shots.
But, after all these years, that flock of Canada Goose at the Eaton's Centre would be tired or at least flocked-off.

05-16-2008, 08:06 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
wow the threads here are coming fast and thick and a lot of posts are being pushed to the second page after 2 days.

QuoteOriginally posted by Mark Castleman Quote
I like the third one. You can definitely tell it is that person's cart. Few things are better than a hot dog from a street cart/
thanks Mark. Toronto has some of the best Street Meat, grilled to order not like most other places where they fish out a boiled piece of meat

QuoteOriginally posted by Fl_Gulfer Quote
I like the Mall shot the best, but they are all clear as a bell, nice lens.
thanks Fl_Gulfer, the lens seems to render quite well and it's small size makes it extremely handy

QuoteOriginally posted by JCSullivan Quote
Me thinks they're great blind-shots.
But, after all these years, that flock of Canada Goose at the Eaton's Centre would be tired or at least flocked-off.
thanks JC. hahaha i know, i would have thought they might change it or put some new birds up in a different spot, but doesn't seem to be the case
05-17-2008, 05:31 AM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
The mall shot is very cool. Also, I like the picture of what appears to be a pretty chilly lady sitting at her cart.

Jer
05-17-2008, 06:16 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Nice shooting from the hip efforts I think the Bus one is my favorite. Sky looks a little washed out but if this was mid day that is explainable ... nice series and Yeah I agree you get about 4 -5 hours to be on page 1