Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Looks like I won't get to see the blood moon and/or eclipse this morning.
Lens: Sigma 75-300mm DL f/4-5.6 Camera: Pentax K-50 Photo Location: Outside my house. Aperture: F4 
Posted By: Auzzie-Phoenix, 10-08-2014, 01:21 AM

Well, won't get to be seeing the blood moon or the eclipse this morning no thanks to PA weather. It is mostly cloudy with winds in the 13-17mph range. That didn't stop me from taking my first few lunar shots using the new to me sigma 75-300mm DL f/4-5.6 lens I acquired recently. Unfortunately I have no UV filters yet, for this lens or the other one (filters for the 18-55 WR are in transit and won't get them until later today or tomorrow). But, given this scenario, I used the clouds as uv filters the best that I was able. Without further ado, I present to you my horrible first lunar shots with the sigma zoom.

I really did want to see and photograph the blood moon though.... stupid weather.
Views: 1,254
10-08-2014, 01:59 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Better than I can see west of Melbourne.
10-08-2014, 05:04 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Nothing to see in the Ottawa sky except heavy cloud and rain...

- Craig
10-08-2014, 09:07 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I had thin clouds that the camera powered through and I still got some decent shots - with the clouds!

10-08-2014, 04:37 PM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Auzzie-Phoenix Quote
Well, won't get to be seeing the blood moon or the eclipse this morning no thanks to PA weather. It is mostly cloudy with winds in the 13-17mph range. That didn't stop me from taking my first few lunar shots using the new to me sigma 75-300mm DL f/4-5.6 lens I acquired recently. Unfortunately I have no UV filters yet, for this lens or the other one (filters for the 18-55 WR are in transit and won't get them until later today or tomorrow). But, given this scenario, I used the clouds as uv filters the best that I was able. Without further ado, I present to you my horrible first lunar shots with the sigma zoom.

I really did want to see and photograph the blood moon though.... stupid weather.
Yeah, it was supposed to be 13 degrees above the horizon at full eclipse here in southern Mississippi, but thanks to the fog, this is all you could see in that direction.