Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
FA 31 Limited and a Plethora of Porsches
Lens: FA 31/1.8 Camera: K-3 Photo Location: MSR Houston ISO: 200 
Posted By: Sailor, 10-09-2014, 04:03 PM

My unabashed love affair with my FA 31 continues.

On Sunday, I accompanied a friend to MSR Houston Raceway to watch some amateur track action in which drivers, using their own cars, learn track and performance skills. I always bring my K-3 and two or three lenses to such things, and on this outing I particularly hoped to capture (photographically) a new C-7 Corvette on the track to impress our Forum friend and car guy, Bob Harris (I was successful ; more in due course).

Unexpectedly, we encountered 70 or 80 brand new Porsches of all stripes parked en mass in a corner of the facility. It turns out that these cars were part of the Porsche World Roadshow, a company event held in major metro areas in which prospective buyers (who attend by invitation only) are given time to stretch out in the vehicle of their choice on a track unfettered by tiresome public traffic. The cars were awaiting transfer to another venue after a session at MSR in late September and were totally unrelated to the event in progress.

Anyway . . . . . . . I continue to be amazed at the richness of images produced by my FA 31. Forgive me for this conceit, but I just can't help it.

Jer

Holy Cow!

The Big Dog - a 911 Turbo S; there were at least a half dozen of these 200 K USD vehicles:

They're all over the place:

Gee, a familiar face in the crowd:

Remorselessly RED:

Towing the line:

Last edited by Sailor; 10-09-2014 at 05:44 PM.
Views: 1,380
10-09-2014, 05:34 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
a very fine line of class lined up there bud and I seem to recognize one of them, looking forward to the rest, C7 hint.
10-09-2014, 09:55 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
what a wonderful collection! Any chance you might switch to a red one, my friend?
Take care
Norbert
10-10-2014, 05:01 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Bob Harris Quote
a very fine line of class lined up there bud and I seem to recognize one of them, looking forward to the rest, C7 hint.
Thanks, buddy, it was an amazing sight to see - and totally unexpected and fun to run into one of my car's silver cousins. I'll try to get to the C7 this afternoon.

Jer

QuoteOriginally posted by volley Quote
what a wonderful collection! Any chance you might switch to a red one, my friend?
Take care
Norbert
Hey Norbert - I guess you're back home or off on another jaunt. Thanks for looking. That dark red is certainly stunning (I think it's about a 3000 USD option - you know how Porsche works), but I'm still devoted to the sliver one that I've already paid for.

Jer