Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Lazy dogs are lazy...
Lens: Sigma 75-300mm DL f/4-5.6 zoom Camera: Pentax K-50 Photo Location: The living room. Aperture: F4 
Posted By: Auzzie-Phoenix, 10-14-2014, 02:57 PM

I was having some fun taking pictures of 2 "models" today. The elusive, camera shy Bear, and the attention hog Bella aka- "Mini-cow". Neither dog likes to hold still for very long. Bear is absolutely camera shy and will run away if you point one at her and she notices. This is where the tripod came in handy. I'm already chalking the lighting up to learning experience, as the living room has a very "unique" and difficult arrangement for lighting (old house, multiple windows, room is always dark regardless).

Bear:

My first real attempt at a macro image. Bear had her head on the couch pillow. Focal point is her eye.

Mini-cow:

Probably the most well behaved of the 3 "models" in the house. And the least animated. She still moves around quite a bit though, as some of the blurring in the images is from her moving and the focal point shifting during exposure.
Views: 541
10-14-2014, 03:49 PM   #2
jac
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

How did you manage to get an un-animated Shetland? Never heard of such a thing
10-14-2014, 04:03 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
shetland? no, mini-cow isn't a shetland. might as well be with as small as she is compared to how she's supposed to be. Mini-cow is a rescue dog. My sister adopted her after the dogs were confiscated from the owner for inbreeding and neglect (inbreeding and raising dogs to sell to pay for horse feed). She's much smaller than she's supposed to be, but is a standard rough collie, nonetheless. The other collie in the house is her sister (who is the dog equivalent of a horse), prone to seizures, and has an overbite/overextended nose. Bear is completely normal mixed mutt (part collie/part shepherd/part something). Lovable dogs... can be dumb as bricks at times, but most definitely lovable. Mini-cow follows me everywhere in the house, which can be a bit of a problem when I try to take pictures of her.. she always wants to invade the camera space to be right up near me.