Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 40 Likes Search this Thread

Arrested Photography
Posted By: 45 Mike, 10-19-2014, 11:15 AM

Yes, at the Spokane Airway Heights Walmart, I was arrested, because of a complaint from Walmart that I was taking pictures in their parking lot.

On the day of October 13th, I drove my mother into Spokane for a Dr. appt. After her visit, we stopped at the Airway Heights Walmart for some grocery items.

I stayed outside, with the car, while mom went inside for her shopping. I snapped a picture of this woman, outside.

She noticed that I had taken her picture and demanded that I delete that photo. I declined.

She then went inside the store and complained to the store management, who then called the police.

As I was loading the groceries into the car, the police showed up. They disarmed me, took my camera, and looked at the pictures I had taken.

The police officer explained to me that it was legal for me to take pictures of people in public, however it would not be legal for me to take upskirt pictures. As I had no upskirt pictures on my camera, they returned my camera, my pistol, and allowed me to leave.

Some may disclaim that I was arrested, however the legal definition of an arrest is an official that interrupts a citizen under color of authority.
The truth is that if a police officer interrupts a citizen from going about legal activities, for the purpose of ascertaining criminal culpability, that citizen has been arrested.

I doubt that either the Walmart store employees, management, or the police officers involved were aware of the utter irony of the situation, perhaps this view will clarify the absurdity of the entire matter.

Last edited by 45 Mike; 10-22-2014 at 03:59 PM. Reason: photo edit
Views: 10,449
10-24-2014, 10:03 AM - 2 Likes   #106
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by pete-tarmigan Quote
People do kill people. That's because people are violent or crazy. There are so many millions of violent people, or people experiencing psychotic episodes (delusions not distinguishable from reality) out there that, in the interest of the safety of the general public, they should not have such easy access to such an efficient killing tool, i.e., handguns or semi-automatic rifles with high-capacity magazines. With the squeeze of a trigger, any person can readily kill another person from a distance with much more ease than with a knife, fists or boots.

Not to mention the fact that the bad/ill guys have a bottomless supply of handguns in the form of millions of legally-owned, but inadequately secured handguns, that can be stolen at will.

There is a clear and present danger to life and security of the general public from the millions of handguns and other restricted weapons readily stolen by or already stolen by, criminals, people with anger management issues, or psychotic people. This danger is many magnitudes greater to each and every individual citizen than the vanishingly small probability of encountering the danger of not being able to defend oneself because one cannot carry a concealed handgun. I like my odds of surviving to old age better if the sea of legally-owned but inadequately secured guns drowning the U.S. is drained away.
DING DING DING !!! We have a WINNER! Thread CLOSED !!!

For anyone who doesn't know why, please review the forum rules...
"- Political and religious discussion/commentary is not allowed anywhere on the forum with one exception:
Photography related political issues may be discussed in the General Photography forum."
The issue of guns and firearms rights is very very political. I warned the participants in the thread to drop it, but noooooo.....

Last edited by MRRiley; 10-24-2014 at 10:13 AM.
10-24-2014, 10:19 AM   #107
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by MRRiley Quote
I warned the participants in the thread to drop it, but noooooo.....
Some people are compelled to relieve themselves on an electric fence just to see if the rumors are true.

Last edited by Parallax; 10-24-2014 at 01:58 PM.
Closed Thread