Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
first planned shooting for wedding invitations
Posted By: wullemaha, 10-19-2014, 02:18 PM

Hi everybody,

this weekend I did my first planned portrait shoot for some friends of mine.
They needed some black-and-white portraits for their wedding invitations, so I shot around 350 pictures with them in this style:

Most of them are with chalk boards held up showing the date of the wedding and messages for the readers, etc... but I thought I will not share those publicly.
While we were at it, we also had a fun of pretending "model-shoot" and messed around a bit with the setup:

That's the first time I did a photo shoot for anybody, and it was a real blast.
Also the first time I used a reflector, and I have to say this cheap piece of plastic is my new favorite toy! Every photographer should have a reflector with him most of the times those things are amazing! Rest of the equipment was K-5IIs, most shots with FA* 85mm F1.4, some with Sigma AF 15/2.8 EX DG FISHEYE and FA 31 F1.8 Limited.
Additionally a Cactus V6 and RF60 combo for the black and white setup.

Looking forward to any feedback and suggestions for future shootings!
I realized I have a lot to learn in regards to light setup and in regards to post processing.
But the activities around such a shoot are a lot of fun, and I will try to find people who have fun with playing around in such a setting and repeat the magic

BR René
Views: 683