Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
1 Like  
Sunset and Fog
Posted By: GeoJerry, 10-19-2014, 08:58 PM

It looked like it was shaping up into a good sunset so I walked down to the pier with tripod to see what I could get. By the time I got to the pier though, a tongue of fog started rolling in and I thought I was out of luck, but as I hung around hoping it might lift, I realized that this was great opportunity to get some unusual shots. Even though the fog had by now decided it was sticking around, the sunset was still going on, since the tongue of fog didn't look very wide, maybe ¼ of a mile or so. You can see the sunset on the horizon, and also bouncing off the near face of the fog, in the picture with the fisherman in the left foreground. There was a strange kind of sunset above the fog as I looked west towards the surfers, but after about 45 minutes the sun gave up for the day, and I got soon gloomy shots looking down the length of the pier.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 

Views: 1,694
10-22-2014, 05:56 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by dcmsox2004 Quote
can almost feel and smell the ocean mist rolling in.... superb series, dave m
Thanks Dave, glad you liked it! It was pretty gloomy there for a while alright.