Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Wedding Photos
Posted By: Stratman, 05-16-2008, 09:42 AM

I became a wedding photographer yesterday, lol. My friends nephew got married in front of the Stan Musial statue at Busch Stadium yesterday. I was told that the couple had hired a photographer, but they would like me to take a few shots too. Well, I got there, and there was no "pro" in sight. Here are a few keepers I managed.

Views: 2,578
05-16-2008, 10:29 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Wow! Talk about dieheard Cardinal fans! I knew St. Louis has a rich baseball tradition and you captured it very well. Good thing it wasn't me because I would've been wearing a Yankees hat. Not sure that would go over too well...
05-16-2008, 10:34 AM   #3
Veteran Member

I bet that wedding dress and tux weren't that expensive.
Good job Strat - in the right place at the right time. So, what kind of 'pro' doesn't show - hope they're not members of the 3B or other business association.

Good job, excellent colours. Chalk one up for the p'folio, maybe you could get into doing sport weddings. Hmmmm, a wedding on a raft - aren't you glad the newer Pentax are watertight.
05-16-2008, 11:22 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Well JC, I have a feeling that there was no pro in the first place. This wedding was done on a budget, and I think they just decided they couldn't afford a pro photog. I am sure they planned on hiring one, but it just wasn't to be. I did the best I could, and hopefully they'll enjoy the few decent shots I did manage. Makes me respect the pros a lot more, haha, props to them !! The wedding was covered on a local TV station here, the guy was there through out the whole ordeal, making it even more difficult to get some shots that I wanted to get. If I can find a link, I'll post it up.

Last edited by Stratman; 05-16-2008 at 12:23 PM.
05-16-2008, 11:25 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by maxwell1295 Quote
Wow! Talk about dieheard Cardinal fans! I knew St. Louis has a rich baseball tradition and you captured it very well. Good thing it wasn't me because I would've been wearing a Yankees hat. Not sure that would go over too well...

Well, it would go over much better than a Cubs, Mets, or Red Sox cap, that's for sure, lol
05-16-2008, 11:41 PM   #6
Veteran Member

funny thing is, as a guest, you can more easily just not show up....i wonder what they would have thought in that case.

im glad you have a good attitude about it. as a full time wedding photographer i would have been utterly pissed off if someone tricked me into becoming the solo pro at a wedding that i was invited to as a guest....im done, im net getting started.

you have a great attitude and that is what it takes.

thanks for being an example, ill have to follow more of your posts.
but i just got done shooting a rehearsal and have a wedding in the morning.

nite.
05-17-2008, 11:15 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Well, I wasn't "expected" to take photos, but I really wanted to. They were on a really tight budget, and in the end, a Pro Photog just wasn't gonna happen. I think the total for the wedding was in the $500.00 range I'm just glad I was able to get a few decent shots for em. I made a few DVD slideshows for the couple, and parents, and saved all the full res photos on a CD so they can print out what they want.

Now, If Izzy wouldn't have given up the lead, and the Birds would have won the game, it would have been a perfect day !!