Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
2 Likes  #1
On Having a Cold, Age 2
Lens: FA 31 Camera: K-30 Photo Location: Texas ISO: 200 Shutter Speed: 1/500s Aperture: F1.8 
Posted By: K McCall, 10-23-2014, 06:46 PM

Sorry I've been MIA! Having both a 2-year-old and a 4-month-old is keeping me pretty busy these days! Luckily a sick day turned into a rather fortuitous photo day. We were upstairs trying on Halloween costumes and jumping on the bed when my daughter stopped for a moment and just looked out the window. The runny eyes I blame on her cold; the red cheeks are no doubt from her bed escapades. All natural light, processed in Lightroom

Views: 615
10-23-2014, 08:07 PM - 1 Like   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Really evocative shot. Well seen and captured.
10-24-2014, 02:56 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I saw this on Flickr. Beautifully done, Keitha, in a very classic sort of way.
10-24-2014, 03:07 AM   #4
Pentaxian

What a nice portrait, even under sickness.

10-24-2014, 08:00 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Jessesdad Quote
Really evocative shot. Well seen and captured.
It is, indeed. A wonderful portrait.

Jer
10-24-2014, 08:30 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks, guys! For what it's worth, she's feeling better today!
10-24-2014, 09:18 AM   #7
Veteran Member

This is a wonderful shot. I've taken a lot of photos of my children when sick - It can be sad but also something about their stillness, vulnerability make it easier to 'see' them at times, or at least a part of their little personality that's usually covered by mud, food and joy

Would love to see more kid shots from you!
10-25-2014, 04:51 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jsherman999 Quote
This is a wonderful shot. I've taken a lot of photos of my children when sick - It can be sad but also something about their stillness, vulnerability make it easier to 'see' them at times, or at least a part of their little personality that's usually covered by mud, food and joy
Exactly! Especially once they get to the age where they automatically say "cheese!" every time a camera is pointed in their direction. Don't get me wrong - I love seeing their smiles, but my favorite photographs of them tend to be when they're just still and quiet.

10-01-2019, 08:31 AM   #9
Custom User Title
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by K McCall Quote
Sorry I've been MIA! Having both a 2-year-old and a 4-month-old is keeping me pretty busy these days! Luckily a sick day turned into a rather fortuitous photo day. We were upstairs trying on Halloween costumes and jumping on the bed when my daughter stopped for a moment and just looked out the window. The runny eyes I blame on her cold; the red cheeks are no doubt from her bed escapades. All natural light, processed in Lightroom

beautiful portrait! love the shot! very well done