Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
  #1
Lago di Toblino
Lens: smc Pentax-DA 15mm Limited Camera: Pentax K-5 Photo Location: Italy ISO: 80 Shutter Speed: 1/350s Aperture: F11 
Posted By: Pablom, 10-25-2014, 12:14 PM

Taken on our way from Lake Garda to the city of Bolzano in northern Italy. C&C is welcome.


Lago di Toblino
by Pablo Margulies, on Flickr
Views: 877
10-25-2014, 05:44 PM   #2
Veteran Member
GeoJerry's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Santa Barbara, CA
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 5,158
Nice shot! How do you like that lens? I've been thinking about getting it and was just researching it today in fact.
10-26-2014, 01:57 AM   #3
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter
Kerrowdown's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Hielands o' Scootlund
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 50,039
The 15mm strikes again, a great image, well done.
10-26-2014, 02:31 AM   #4
Veteran Member
Pablom's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Jerusalem
Posts: 1,940
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by GeoJerry Quote
Nice shot! How do you like that lens? I've been thinking about getting it and was just researching it today in fact.
Thank you. I was hesitant to get the 15 limited because of said soft corners issue. I am very glad I did because even though the corners are a real problem in certain situations I learned to bypass it and I enjoy the magic of this lens that sometimes takes me by surprise (this photo for example, even though I like it, might use some magic I think - hence my request for comments).
I say magic because I don't know how to describe the qualities of the lens that make me take better photos. the ones I can describe are great colors, flare resistance, sharpness (when it shines), the famous star bursts and of course the tiny size. I am not aware of any super wide angle slr lens the covers the APS-C frame and is even close to the size and comfort of the 15.

---------- Post added 26th Oct 2014 at 11:33 ----------

p.s here are some more samples from this lens:

10-26-2014, 08:23 AM   #5
Veteran Member
Pablom's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Jerusalem
Posts: 1,940
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
The 15mm strikes again, a great image, well done.
Thanks!


Looks like it got into Flickr explore. Anyone knows how that happens?
10-26-2014, 09:14 AM   #6
Senior Member
harrisonww's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: London Ontario
Posts: 149
at F11 I dont think your going to have to worry about softer corners! Nice shot!
10-26-2014, 12:07 PM   #7
Veteran Member
GeoJerry's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Santa Barbara, CA
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 5,158
QuoteOriginally posted by Pablom Quote
Thank you. I was hesitant to get the 15 limited because of said soft corners issue. I am very glad I did because even though the corners are a real problem in certain situations I learned to bypass it and I enjoy the magic of this lens that sometimes takes me by surprise (this photo for example, even though I like it, might use some magic I think - hence my request for comments).
I say magic because I don't know how to describe the qualities of the lens that make me take better photos. the ones I can describe are great colors, flare resistance, sharpness (when it shines), the famous star bursts and of course the tiny size. I am not aware of any super wide angle slr lens the covers the APS-C frame and is even close to the size and comfort of the 15.

---------- Post added 26th Oct 2014 at 11:33 ----------

p.s here are some more samples from this lens:
Looks like it performs very well. Your Flickr pictures, although not very large on my monitor, look very sharp. The pictures of the cave especially looked good. I might go for it... can it take a filter, and if so what is the filter diameter?
10-26-2014, 01:42 PM   #8
Veteran Member
Pablom's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Jerusalem
Posts: 1,940
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by GeoJerry Quote
Looks like it performs very well. Your Flickr pictures, although not very large on my monitor, look very sharp. The pictures of the cave especially looked good. I might go for it... can it take a filter, and if so what is the filter diameter?
Filter diameter is 49mm like all the limiteds I think, although I must admit I never use filters of any kind.

---------- Post added 26th Oct 2014 at 22:43 ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by harrisonww Quote
at F11 I dont think your going to have to worry about softer corners! Nice shot!
Thanks! :-)

---------- Post added 26th Oct 2014 at 22:46 ----------

For reference, here is another photo taken from more or less the same spot with a Sigma 24mm lens on Velvia 100 slide film (the scanner might be off with the blues, I'll have to see how the slide looks like):


0020
by Pablo Margulies, on Flickr

Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
15mm limited, camera, corners, di, diameter, filter, flickr, italy, lago, lago di toblino, lake, lens, magic, oct, photo, pictures, post, size, slide, veneto
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For Sale - Sold: Tamron AF28-75 XR Di f/2.8 and AF 28-300 XR Di f/3.5-6.3 davidgreen3003 Sold Items 11 06-22-2013 06:14 AM
una passeggiata sul lago di Garda... giuseppesavo General Talk 3 07-18-2012 04:32 AM
For Sale - Sold: Exceptional zooms - Tamron 17-35mm di and Sigma 70-300mm apo di tundraguide Sold Items 5 07-17-2010 05:04 PM
Lago di Predil pentagor Post Your Photos! 5 06-23-2008 03:35 AM
Quantaray 70-300 Di vs. Tamron 70-300 Di Entropy Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 11 07-07-2007 09:19 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:04 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top