Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Targa Rally New Zealand
Lens: Pentax 18-135mm Camera: K-30 Photo Location: Christchurch, New Zealand 
Posted By: FruitLooPs, 10-27-2014, 10:11 PM

Targa is being run in the south island this year, which is fortunate since thats where I live!

Prologue stage was being held in Christchurch, on our Port Hills. Here are some photos from the overnight pit and course itself, for a little nation I was surprised at the variety of cars competing, from classics to daily drivers to exotics. Clearly i'm in the wrong profession, judging from the large quantity of amazing supercars as competition support vehicles. The 18-135mm i've not had long, but I was pleased with how it fared on the day - definitely versatile.

What was once a generic Subaru econobox, now powered by a 2.5L turbo

Mm Lancia Delta Integrale

more classic rally machines, Alpine A110

Cheers
Views: 926
10-27-2014, 10:33 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
cool
10-28-2014, 12:12 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Great stuff, and very nicely photographed! Alpines and Arbaths plus the usual suspects of the modern era. Our own Targa Tasmania seems to have given in to rich hoons in expensive moderns, whereas your version, like the Adelaide Classic, seems to have kept more of the flavour of the original intent.
10-28-2014, 06:19 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
A feast for a car lover's eyes! I especially enjoyed the shot of the Alpine - something I've never seen in the flesh. I also liked that nice, long row of Porsches, beginning with that red GT3 . I don't recognize that yellow car in the last shot, but the badging suggests it's something from GM?

Anyway, a terrific set of photos.

Jer

10-28-2014, 06:27 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
A feast for a car lover's eyes! I especially enjoyed the shot of the Alpine - something I've never seen in the flesh. I also liked that nice, long row of Porsches, beginning with that red GT3 . I don't recognize that yellow car in the last shot, but the badging suggests it's something from GM?

Anyway, a terrific set of photos.

Jer
Yellow car is a 60's era Holden Monaro GTS, glad you guys enjoyed them I'd never seen an Alpine either - I wasn't aware we had anything like that in NZ!

I've got plenty more to sort through, but it can wait for another day.