Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
New Zealand through the view finder. Pt 1.
Posted By: Mallee Boy, 05-17-2008, 01:47 AM

Hi,
Well, I have learnt one thing about the K20D (and I did have a couple of issues, but more on that later)...the 14.6mpx take some computer power. Have had some problems down loading into lightroom which kept crashing, BUT, this computer has a history of not being happy when turned off for extended periods of time.

Anyway, here is the South Island of New Zealand as seen through my view finder. Its a beautiful country with stunning landscapes at every turn....and sheep, lots of sheep.

So here is the first instalment of New Zealand as seen by a former desert dweller. Hope you enjoy it, there is a lot more to come, so lets get the mundane out of the way first.
Cheers
Grant
These were fascinating, a natural wonder which the explanation of I have forgotten, but they were quite a sight.
Attachment 12333

Attachment 12334

New Zealand is also lots of old architecture with a a heavy Scottish/English history.
Attachment 12335

and lots of autumn colour, we were perhaps two weeks off seeing it at its best, but it was spectacular none the less.
Attachment 12336

I will leave you with this, a lonely bench in a beautiful setting (with many more to come)
Attachment 12337

Last edited by Mallee Boy; 12-27-2008 at 02:06 AM.
Views: 1,629
05-17-2008, 01:57 AM   #2
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
It certainly is a beautiful country Mallee Boy! Have been twice int he past 3 years and would love to go back again. Those Moeraki (spelling?) boulders are something else aren't they?
05-17-2008, 01:59 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
NZ sure has some breathtaking landscape. I'd love to live there; if only the weather wasn't upside-down all the time.

The last picture of your series is my favourite one. The lonely table with the surrounding scenery gives the photo a sense of depth and tranquility.
05-17-2008, 08:37 AM   #4
Veteran Member

what are the first two photos of?
the last photo is my favourite, very pretty scenery

05-17-2008, 05:01 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by k100d Quote
what are the first two photos of?
the last photo is my favourite, very pretty scenery
They are known as the "Moeraki Boulders", if my memory serves me correctly, they were formed millions of years ago from volcanic material cooling around a different sort of rock, the ones that had broken open revealed a pale coloured rock inside.