Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

Today I went to the Circus
Posted By: dosdan, 05-17-2008, 04:22 AM

I went to the circus today and took a lot of photos. I used a K100D Super with Pentax-A 70-200/F4 (not the SMC version) & Pentax-F SMC 35-105/F4-F5.6. It was difficult with the lighting. I used the standard camera flash about 6 rows back, but the stage was deep and some stuff occurred high up so the flash was of marginal help. A stronger flash may have helped more. I found it difficult shooting the faster moving acts. I also spent a far bit of time changing the SR FL setting when changing zoom settings on the "A" lens. Most of it was at ISO 1600. I shot in raw and set the white balance afterwards to 2940K to account for the spot lights. Also I found out later I had the flash still set to red-eye reduction mode which was a silly thing to overlook as it delayed the shutter a bit more and, as there was plenty of action shots, made it a bit more difficult to capture the right moment. I tried tracking some of the moving acts. Sometimes I got it, sometimes I missed.

Anyway, here's some shots.
Views: 2,958
05-17-2008, 11:19 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Hi Dosdan. Difficult indeed even when pushing a film. Low light and fast-moving subjects are absolutely not easy however an excellent effort indeed. A faster lens would probably have helped immensely.

The red-suited shots came out best as did the clown in yellow.