Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
  #1
Beads are Jewels . . . .
Posted By: Sailor, 05-17-2008, 06:00 AM

. . . . . to car guys. I love seeing big round beads of water that form on a well-waxed car. Yesterday I held the hose in one hand and my K10D with the other and made these images before drying and detailing. I converted the first two to B&W for no other reason than I felt like doing so. The last obviously remains in color.

Dedicated to all the other "car guys and gals" on the forum:






Views: 1,992
05-17-2008, 06:03 AM   #2
Veteran Member
daacon's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Alberta,Canada
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 20,915
Ha Ha I love it Jer - I really need to detail my car and the wife's this weekend (and yes in that order ) nothing like the satisfaction of looking over a job well done - even though the first time it hits the street the dam dust takes over.
05-17-2008, 07:16 AM   #3
Veteran Member
cupic's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Australia-NSW
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 4,818
QuoteOriginally posted by daacon Quote
Ha Ha I love it Jer - I really need to detail my car and the wife's this weekend (and yes in that order ) nothing like the satisfaction of looking over a job well done - even though the first time it hits the street the dam dust takes over.

Thats my curse

Wash and polish and within 24hr the Heavens open

drought buster anyone


cheers
05-17-2008, 08:23 AM   #4
Veteran Member




Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Toronto
Posts: 3,911
that's the sign of a great wax job, interesting set of photos

05-17-2008, 04:36 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
Sailor's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Coastal Texas
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 23,839
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by k100d Quote
that's the sign of a great wax job, interesting set of photos
Thanks, my friend. I'm a research scientist with an intellectually demanding day-to-day life (especially for an old geezer like me) and, because I do primarily long-range research, gratification comes in years not months, weeks or hours. Thus, I love to wax and detail my cars (my wife has to fend for herself with her car); it's mindless, shows immediate results and can be done with a cooler full of beer close at hand.

Jer
05-17-2008, 05:00 PM   #6
Veteran Member
Stratman's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: St Louis, Missouri U S A
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 2,464
The last one is outstanding !!!
05-17-2008, 06:45 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Bronx NY
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 5,631
Love that last shot Jer, a real keeper.

"Hose in one hand and K10 in the other"..."can be done with a cooler of beer close at hand" Not going to say anything, but the two above statements sound like they could be dangerous if put together!

NaCl(good thing the K10D is weather resistant. But is it beer resistant?)H2O

05-17-2008, 08:04 PM   #8
Veteran Member
roentarre's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 11,787
The very last shot really works for me. Good abstract with numerous droplets as if they were floating in the air!

The grey tone with good graduation of intensity. Excellent shot!
05-18-2008, 03:04 AM   #9
Inactive Account




Join Date: Mar 2007
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 3,675
Nice Jer! I remember a time when I used to wash and wax and really take pride in the exterior of my car. But since I live within spitting distance of the 'Worlds Tallest Free-Standing Smoke Stack' I give up! Having your car and everything else covered in toxic, acidic, paint blistering ash several times a year is a deterrent to examples of 'pride of ownership' like you're possessed with. Move, you say? I am trying!
05-18-2008, 04:16 PM   #10
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
Sailor's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Coastal Texas
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 23,839
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Stratman Quote
The last one is outstanding !!!
Thanks, man. I always appreciate nice comments about my car (even if the picture doesn't reveal that's what it is).

Jer

QuoteOriginally posted by NaClH2O Quote
Love that last shot Jer, a real keeper.

"Hose in one hand and K10 in the other"..."can be done with a cooler of beer close at hand" Not going to say anything, but the two above statements sound like they could be dangerous if put together!

NaCl(good thing the K10D is weather resistant. But is it beer resistant?)H2O
Hey Buddy, it's lucky that humans are designed to hold only two things at once - otherwise I could get in trouble.

Jer

QuoteOriginally posted by roentarre Quote
The very last shot really works for me. Good abstract with numerous droplets as if they were floating in the air!

The grey tone with good graduation of intensity. Excellent shot!
Thanks much, my friend. Means a lot coming from someone with your "eye".

Jer

QuoteOriginally posted by J.Scott Quote
Nice Jer! I remember a time when I used to wash and wax and really take pride in the exterior of my car. But since I live within spitting distance of the 'Worlds Tallest Free-Standing Smoke Stack' I give up! Having your car and everything else covered in toxic, acidic, paint blistering ash several times a year is a deterrent to examples of 'pride of ownership' like you're possessed with. Move, you say? I am trying!
Geez, that's a shame - I always hate to see nice cars (and - more importantly - nice people) in an aggressive environment. Anyway, thanks for the compliment.

Jer
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
beads, camera, car, guys, photo
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Macro Rimmed with Jewels eaglem Post Your Photos! 2 06-21-2010 11:21 PM
Nature Ice jewels JMR Post Your Photos! 9 01-31-2010 04:56 AM
Natures Jewels Bramela Monthly Photo Contests 3 10-07-2009 07:57 PM
For Sailor - Canadian Waxing and Water Beads daacon Post Your Photos! 2 01-06-2008 06:12 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:15 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top