Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

a few of my horses
Posted By: Mechan1k, 05-17-2008, 01:53 PM

Here's a few I took the other day with my Tamron 90mm SP Macro ... as a long portraiture style shots ... and some close ups too.

Not all of them loaded ... will try and upload them later on though.

Here's a select few:

Views: 2,684
05-18-2008, 04:18 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Here's my miniature again ... to gauge height ... my wife is 5'4" tall.

Our young mare that we were going to put into foal last season (Equine Flu stopped that one) ... s we will be breeding with her this year ... most likely to a black purebred arabian stallion.

05-18-2008, 04:51 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Original Poster
One more shot I forgot to upload ... our older mare going for a bit of a trot in the lower paddock.

05-18-2008, 04:54 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Majestic animal there Simom very nice series - do you race them ? I love #1 and #3 in the first set , second series the older mare trotting. Well done.
05-18-2008, 04:58 AM   #19
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Dave ... we just show them at halter and led really ... Bec hasn't ridden dressage in a few years (although we attend shows when the big dressage events are one).

We are looking at breeding a young one or 2 over the next few years and see how we go.
We will be selling the older mare soon though ... we have gotten a couple of nice foals out of her (the young one at the top of the series is the main one that we show with).

We will be looking at breeding through different lines now with our younger mare now.

05-18-2008, 06:04 AM   #20
AML

Loved seeing all of your horse shots, Simon. I used to own a few horses years back, and there was no better feeling than getting into the country air and all that open space, and spending quality time with the horses. I miss those days.

Do you put your horses into training before shows? or do you train them yourself?
05-18-2008, 06:09 AM   #21
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks for that Anne,

I was introduced to horses about 5 years ago ... when i met me current wife ... and then it all changed from there ... prior to that I had never had a pet of any sort ... so handling horses for the first time was daunting to say the least.

But now i can safely saw ... i am glad I was introduced to them ... they are a gentle giant (except for my little guy ... he's fiesty).

I'd do a Sydney invite out to my place ... but my wife probably wouldn't be too happy with letting strangers roam all over the property though. I can see what she means.