Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
"Sun's Rays That Light the Path"
Lens: 5-15mm Camera: Pentax Q7 Photo Location: Mill Mountain Star, Roanoke, VA ISO: 200 Shutter Speed: 1/60s Aperture: F3.5 
Posted By: Kiki Rose, 11-01-2014, 03:36 PM

On October 25, 2014, my husband and I went to Mill Mountain Star, in Roanoke, VA, to check out how the fall colors were changing. Most of the trees were just starting to change, but I did manage to get some lovely pictures in spite of the lack of the fall colors. The following week, on Wednesday, October 29, 2014, the colors peaked on the mountain here, but I didn't make it to get photos that day. I'm still happy with what I was able to achieve.

These photos are two of my favorites of the day. The sun's rays were glowing down on our trail, as we hiked around at the Star on this majestic mountain.

I'm not exactly sure of the exact settings that I used for which photos, because I tried several different settings for most of my photos, to see which ones would look best, but I forgot my notepad to take notes with. The settings that I have listed are the ones that worked best for most of my photos, so these are the ones that I've posted.

Being that I'm an Amateur Photographer, I still don't have these little things down to perfection (I even forgot my battery and had to come back home to get it before our trip!), but I try hard! In fact we had to come back twice!! My husband said, the third time back, we'd be staying...haha!!

I hope you enjoy these photos as much as I do. You really needed to be there to appreciate them though, as always.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX Q7  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX Q7  Photo 

Views: 967
11-01-2014, 03:41 PM - 1 Like   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
For me, the first one is the best.
11-01-2014, 05:09 PM - 1 Like   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The photos certainly have a nice character to them, well done! Its not easy photographing tall trees, especially when the sky is bright and the shade under the trees is so dark. You did great
11-01-2014, 05:37 PM - 1 Like   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
First one is the sort of image I always envision taking and then never get it as it appears in my head. Executing it is not easy! Nicely done!