Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
"Gettin' Down To Bees-ness"
Lens: 5-15mm Camera: Pentax Q7 Photo Location: Roanoke, VA ISO: 200 Shutter Speed: 1/200s Aperture: F2.8 
Posted By: Kiki Rose, 11-01-2014, 06:00 PM

Another hum-drum day, and it was so beautiful and warm outside....I'd never even looked out the window, once again...depressed...

My husband was in the back yard, with our dog, and he told me we had "Rose of Sharon" bushes in the back yard, to come out and see (knowing that they are one of several of my favorite flowers). He also knew that I'd been looking for bees to photograph, but I didn't even know we had flowers in our back yard....that's how depressed I had been.

So I got my camera, for the second time, and went out to take some Macro photos of my "Rose of Sharon" flowers and the bees (if they'd be still enough for me). I'd never taken photos of moving creatures before so this was going to be a process for me.

I stayed in the back yard for, what seemed like hours, waiting for bees to land, and get positioned just right, so I could try to capture them. This was a daunting task, but so worth the results. I went in to process what I'd been so busy doing for a couple of hours (until my battery died!), and I was absolutely shocked at what I was able to accomplish that day, including a sunburnt face!

From this day forward, I have been taking time to get out as often as possible to take photos, and have even met many Professional Photographers to model for myself. I'm very pleased with where I've come from where I'd been, & had even lost in excess of 100 pounds in the previous & prior months, that all began with looking for a way to get out of the slump I'd been in for so long. Now I know where my priorities lie & what i must do.

I hope you enjoy this photo of many that I've taken of "Bess-ness"!

---------- Post added 11-01-14 at 06:25 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Kiki Rose Quote
Another hum-drum day, and it was so beautiful and warm outside....I'd never even looked out the window, once again...

My husband was in the back yard, with our dog, and he told me we had "Rose of Sharon" bushes in the back yard, to come out and see (knowing that they are one of several of my favorite flowers). He also knew that I'd been looking for bees to photograph, but I didn't even know we had flowers in our back yard....that's how depressed I had been.

So I got my camera, for the second time, and went out to take some Macro photos of my "Rose of Sharon" flowers and the bees (if they'd be still enough for me). I'd never taken photos of moving creatures before so this was going to be a process for me.

I stayed in the back yard for, what seemed like hours, waiting for bees to land, and get positioned just right, so I could try to capture them. This was a daunting task, but so worth the results. I went in to process what I'd been so busy doing for a couple of hours (until my battery died!), and I was absolutely shocked at what I was able to accomplish that day, including a sunburnt face!

From this day forward, I have been taking time to get out as often as possible to take photos, and have even met many Professional Photographers to model for myself. I'm very pleased with where I've come from where I'd been, & had even lost in excess of 100 pounds in the previous & prior months, that all began with looking for a way to get out of the slump I'd been in for so long. Now I know where my priorities lie & what i must do.

Why has this thread been removed?

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX Q7  Photo 

Last edited by Kiki Rose; 11-03-2014 at 07:07 AM.
Views: 1,214
11-03-2014, 07:32 AM   #2
Forum Member

Original Poster
Is this photo entered into the contest for the camera lenses?

---------- Post added 11-03-14 at 07:37 AM ----------

I'd like this photo to be moved to the contest for the camera lenses...how do I...?
11-03-2014, 07:45 AM - 1 Like   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
you must have been really patient to grab that close up with such a wide angle lens! Well done....! For the contests you should scroll down under the photo sections and find monthly contests...I think this month's theme is sweets.....you will have to enter it directly there...the contest for the lenses though is about how many posts you make....and this will count as a post for you towards that.....
11-03-2014, 09:19 AM   #4
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by phoenixvision Quote
you must have been really patient to grab that close up with such a wide angle lens! Well done....! For the contests you should scroll down under the photo sections and find monthly contests...I think this month's theme is sweets.....you will have to enter it directly there...the contest for the lenses though is about how many posts you make....and this will count as a post for you towards that.....
Why can't my other photos posted to the lens contest, be added to the contest page as well?

---------- Post added 11-03-14 at 09:21 AM ----------

Why can't my other photos posted to the lens contest, be added to the contest page as well?
It's ok....I understand "Posts"...i need to comment on other photos or info. posts that I like....I got it...Thank you!

11-03-2014, 10:03 AM - 1 Like   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
FYI, it's a Carpenter Bee. It does take patience to use the Q, I've tried and pretty much just use it for insect video, and the K5 for stills.

I'm glad a hobby has started to motivate you, that's what they're for.
06-28-2018, 08:10 AM   #6
Custom User Title
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Another hum-drum day, and it was so beautiful and warm outside....I'd never even looked out the window, once again...depressed...

---------- Post added 11-01-14 at 06:25 PM ----------

Why has this thread been removed?
neat shot! Nice one!