Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Olympic Nat'l Forest and a Naked Man
Camera: K-5 Photo Location: Lake Angeles 
Posted By: broskiu, 11-02-2014, 08:33 PM

This is my very first post

My friend and I Decided to take a sudden trip from Portland up to the Olympic Peninsula this weekend to test out my K-5 I recently got for my 18 birthday. I know that was a run on sentence, but let it describe my past week; as it has been long but full of wonders with this new camera. I have only but love for this guy, who I may even name.

To continue the story of our travel though.

My friend Caleb and I decided to camp out at Heart of the Hills campground just south of Port Angeles in WA. We slept in the back of my '87 ford ranger, which was warm but had extremely close quarters. Yesterday (saturday the 1) we hiked somewhere around 7 miles up this view point past Lake Angeles. If it werent for the lovely people on this hike, we may never had found such great vantages. Passing some hikers they would yell, "Happy Trails!" and continue their own venture; smiling undoubtedly.

At the top (6007 ft above sea level) you could see Mt. Baker, Victoria Island Canada, the Strait of Juan de Fuca, and of course Lake Angeles directly below us. This is where I get an idea. "Caleb, flash that Mountain!." and so he did.

and it was all downhill from there.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo   
View Picture EXIF
IPhone 5  Photo 

Views: 1,177
11-02-2014, 08:42 PM   #2

I really do like your naked man picture, the flares were a great addition. You have this whole 70's technicolor edit going that I actually enjoy in that picture
11-02-2014, 08:44 PM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Greenneck Quote
I really do like your naked man picture, the flares were a great addition. You have this whole 70's technicolor edit going that I actually enjoy in that picture
I really appreciate that! Since this was my first post, i wasnt sure how to community here enjoyed edits on photos. Rather than just a raw photo

Thanks for noticing
11-03-2014, 12:22 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Your shots remind me of the film

11-03-2014, 01:16 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
nice share...edits are crucial and part of the process....the communitty here is very supportive and creative....thanks for the share.....
11-03-2014, 09:54 PM   #6

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by phoenixvision Quote
nice share...edits are crucial and part of the process....the communitty here is very supportive and creative....thanks for the share.....
and so I'm learning! thanks for the support!