Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Autumn: last rays of Sun.
Posted By: flaviopetrone, 11-03-2014, 03:38 PM

"I'm resting and enjoying the last rays of Sun. Soon the cold will arrive and there will be no Sun to warm me. Please, GO AWAY." cit: The fly.

Views: 697
11-03-2014, 04:06 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Strange! This looks like the shadow of the fly, not the fly itself - but it can't be on the back of the leaf, since the sun hits the front? How is this picture possible?

Very pretty though. Confusing, but very pretty.
11-03-2014, 07:07 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Classic! Nice fall colours, texture of leaf, with wonderful highlight bokeh. What lens was this?
11-04-2014, 12:37 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
18-55 WR kit lens. Yes, the fly is in the back of the leaf, taking sun rays. The sun was in front/right side of me. I thought that the image was clear.
The leaves colour is natural, beautiful for me.

11-04-2014, 01:13 AM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I suppose the leaf is just more transparent than I thought it would be. Colours are beautiful, and I like the "shadow fly" - an unusual sort of insect pic.
11-04-2014, 02:54 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by MetteHHH Quote
I suppose the leaf is just more transparent than I thought it would be. Colours are beautiful, and I like the "shadow fly" - an unusual sort of insect pic.
Trying to find some slightly different shots is what every one of us wants, isn't it true?
The leaves are trasparent because there were a strong sun over them and I was in the back.
11-04-2014, 03:09 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
the shadow of the fly....the back light works great for the leaf and the bokeh....

11-04-2014, 03:17 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by phoenixvision Quote
the shadow of the fly....the back light works great for the leaf and the bokeh....
Yes, I just noticed that is possible to obtain a little bokeh with this lens too!
Jokes aside, I am sure that talented photographers can take amazing pictures with the kit lenses too.