Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Living in new england
Posted By: rrstuff, 11-05-2014, 03:52 AM

I stumbled upon this picture on my hard drive. It reminded me why I moved out of Boston .

Taken with a non-weathersealed olympus E-300.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
Canon PowerShot G3  Photo 

Views: 511
11-05-2014, 04:47 AM   #2

I like the near white-out conditions you've captured, and the car trying to make its way helps to capture the bleak feeling. Did you apply some "fog" to the left and right sides in post processing, or was this actually there to this extent? If the latter, it's also a nice "capture-the-moment" shot.
11-05-2014, 08:42 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
great capture...whatever that is thats causing the blur to the right....wetness on the lens...mist in the air.....its a fortuitous accident it makes for a very wonderful and mysterious composition...
11-05-2014, 11:08 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hmm... are you sure that it's not Russia?

11-05-2014, 11:48 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by chicagojohn Quote
I like the near white-out conditions you've captured, and the car trying to make its way helps to capture the bleak feeling. Did you apply some "fog" to the left and right sides in post processing, or was this actually there to this extent? If the latter, it's also a nice "capture-the-moment" shot.
the blur is condensation on the front element. The camera didn't equilibrate in temperature yet.
07-27-2018, 05:04 AM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by rrstuff Quote
I stumbled upon this picture on my hard drive. It reminded me why I moved out of Boston .

Taken with a non-weathersealed olympus E-300.
Nice effect!