Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
Was poking around my image archive today and found these....
Posted By: Auzzie-Phoenix, 11-05-2014, 07:58 PM

I was going through my image archive today, and stumbled across some of my much much earlier photos... one from my first digital camera that wasn't one of those cheap $15 webcam type ones. As well as another from my 1994 trip to Germany and Austria. Rather proud of both, given what I was working with, and my relative inexperience in all things photography.

First up we have Neuschwanstein Castle in Bavaria, Germany circa 1994. The image was taken using a Konica Big Mini-A4 35mm point and shoot with zoom, using unknown film (probably either kodak or fuji 100). The photo was taken from the old iron bridge a bit back on the backside of the castle that crosses the valley.

Next up we have probably one of my earliest wildlife shots. A cardinal resting on a branch at Blacklick Woods Metro Park in Reynoldsburg, OH circa 2005/2006. The image was taken with a Konica-Minolta DiMage Z6 at 12x optical zoom, handheld. I was out on a walk in very late winter/very early spring after having purchased the camera not long prior to that time. The one singular thing that the Konica had going for it other than the 12x optical zoom was the very balanced natural color mode. If only the cardinal hadn't been looking the opposite way...

EXIF data for these images does not exist. Either the copy of corel I was using at the time didn't support EXIF or I used another editor that didn't. The picture of the castle was scanned in at the highest resolution my computer at the time could handle, using an Epson Perfection 4180 flatbed scanner.
Views: 1,227
11-05-2014, 09:36 PM   #2

Photos: Albums
I like the spot from where the picture was taken. Looking at the picture it almost makes it look like the bridge is right next to the castle. When I was there it was so hazy it was hard to take any good pictures from faraway.
Thanks for sharing.
11-06-2014, 10:04 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
You're welcome, ChuyQ. It was a fun trip, and that bridge is only maybe a quarter of a mile away from the castle. I miss that camera a bit, it had an issue where using the flash would drain too much power and the camera's logic would hiccup and rewind the film. But not using flash, I was able to use the camera for that entire trip. Lots of good food on that journey as well.
11-06-2014, 01:59 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Thanks for sharing, I hope to visit there some day!