Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Judge me hard
Camera: k-x Photo Location: innsbruck 
Posted By: Vitalii, 11-06-2014, 09:26 AM

Hi, i´m an Architecture student, and I´m starting a blog about vizualization, visual representation, and manipulation techniques. a part of it, will be about photography techniques, so it would be nice to get feedback about whats missing and what could be better.
it should although work as portfolio so it should at least have some level.

thank you.)

Last edited by Vitalii; 03-06-2015 at 04:01 PM.
Views: 1,152
11-06-2014, 09:32 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Good work. The first image of the restaurant with the intriguing signage would be better if the mountain top were not cut off, I think. A bit less parking area would have allowed this.
11-06-2014, 09:34 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I really like the cafe. How did you get the color rendition?
11-06-2014, 09:39 AM   #4

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Rimfiredude Quote
I really like the cafe. How did you get the color rendition?
IR with hoja 720nm, manual WB on green grass. gives you the rough color rendition in amber/blue.
PP with Phase one Capture one 7, it has extendet tempreture range, which is extremly usefull for IR - and some adjustments in photoshop.

11-06-2014, 09:46 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Thank you. Worth trying someday when I have nothing else to do.
11-06-2014, 11:04 AM   #6
Veteran Member

ITs difficult to comment about technique without getting into personal taste...you obviously have skills and an eye....For me my only suggestion would be that once you have ahandle on so many manipulation techniques in post, the danger is to not go too far and overdo things....balancing subtlety and finding the right measure...like a good blues singer that can belt out the music who also knows how to work in the silence and the soft moments.....ie. the first photo has a wonderful feel to it and you use this techniques wonderfull, but perhaps it iis a bit much in some places, like the trees...and obviously in the two macrs you have a taste for color, perhaps holding back ever so slightly mght have a nice effect, but this is all personal taste and not technique per say...and depends on the use and intention of the art....just something to think about...excellent work...
11-06-2014, 11:18 AM   #7

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by phoenixvision Quote
ITs difficult to comment about technique without getting into personal taste...you obviously have skills and an eye....For me my only suggestion would be that once you have ahandle on so many manipulation techniques in post, the danger is to not go too far and overdo things....balancing subtlety and finding the right measure...like a good blues singer that can belt out the music who also knows how to work in the silence and the soft moments.....ie. the first photo has a wonderful feel to it and you use this techniques wonderfull, but perhaps it iis a bit much in some places, like the trees...and obviously in the two macrs you have a taste for color, perhaps holding back ever so slightly mght have a nice effect, but this is all personal taste and not technique per say...and depends on the use and intention of the art....just something to think about...excellent work...
Thank you very much, i will upload pictures separatly, so there is more subjective judging.

11-06-2014, 11:20 AM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
For me the composition with the building centered is not the best. It feels like the floor lines, the mountains and the building are all fighting for attention.
Pick one to favor and observe the rule of thirds maybe?
Additionally the umbrellas are a strong element and they appear to have too much space on left and not enough on right.