Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
Judge me hard - Dandelion supermacro
Lens: reversed pentax 28mm 2.8 
Posted By: Vitalii, 11-06-2014, 11:54 AM

Hi, im an Architecture student, and Im starting a blog about vizualization, visual representation, and manipulation techniques. a part of it, will be about photography techniques, so it would be nice to get feedback about whats missing and what could be better.
it should although work as portfolio so it should at least have some level.

thank you.)

Last edited by Vitalii; 03-06-2015 at 04:01 PM.
Views: 888
11-06-2014, 12:16 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
That is one ugly plant.
11-06-2014, 12:26 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Opinions are like, well you know, everybody's got one. Here's mine. Good points include framing and composition, choice of subject, and exposure. All look good to me, although I think I'd have tried one with flash and a small aperture to darken the background, providing more contrast. The whole image looks unsharp to me, which a small aperture would also help. Tripod next time if you didn't this time. Finally, all the seeds look nice and concentrically radiating from the central point except the one rooted at center... remove that one if possible, with some fine forceps, if you can. My opinion, however, is worth about 1/1000 cents, and is not redeemable for goods or services.
11-06-2014, 12:39 PM   #4

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jcdoss Quote
Opinions are like, well you know, everybody's got one. Here's mine. Good points include framing and composition, choice of subject, and exposure. All look good to me, although I think I'd have tried one with flash and a small aperture to darken the background, providing more contrast. The whole image looks unsharp to me, which a small aperture would also help. Tripod next time if you didn't this time. Finally, all the seeds look nice and concentrically radiating from the central point except the one rooted at center... remove that one if possible, with some fine forceps, if you can. My opinion, however, is worth about 1/1000 cents, and is not redeemable for goods or services.
2, or 3 sec. on tripod, f11. and magnification ca 3:1, thats why the small DoF. arent ready yet to do focus stacking, so trying out some doublers to increas DoF.
didnt want to use flash to get some light feeling, have more than enough dark and isolated pictures.

11-06-2014, 01:54 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Good sharpness and DoF, good exposure and colours, but there is one .. uh, spine? branch? .. which is irregular. Near the centre, towards left bottom corner. With photos like these, you need to have a regular pattern, maybe with one going against the grain as the focal point, but not a blurry one, as it just seems to be "in the way". Its little things like these that are the difference between "okay nice" and "amazing"
You are on the right track, its about polishing details now
11-06-2014, 01:56 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
See, I rather like the fuzzy focus on this one- it keeps the observer searching. Images like this one, where there is no apparent focal point, are endlessly interesting to me because I see something different every time I look. The base of the rods, where it is liquid-looking, adds a sort of creepiness a la "Aliens" that I really dig. Nice work.