Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
Pentax Q10 in the streets of Quebec City
Lens: Pentax 01 and 02 Camera: Pentax Q10 Photo Location: Quebec City 
Posted By: rfaucher, 11-07-2014, 12:37 PM

Like most people, when the Q system first emerged I thought it was pure folly. How can anyone justify an $800 mirrorless system with such a tiny sensor, when micro 4/3 and Sony NEX are better platforms at a cheaper price. Then, when the prices on the Q10 and original Q were lowered to the $200 or so range, I decided, why not? If I don't like it, I can return it. Well, several months later I've kept my Q10 and love it. In fact, it's the most fun I've ever had shooting with any system. That mode dial on the front is brilliant and the source of all things fun and playful.

I took the Q10 to Quebec City along with my Olympus OMD EM-5 and a bunch of lenses. The EM-5 is a great camera, but it's still not a teeny weeny platform like the Q system. During the evening, I really did not want to carry around a camera, so the Q10 was perfect. I used the 02 zoom and kept the 01 prime in my pocket. It's like having no camera at all. Yet, I still got some good shots and even in low light and had gobs of fun doing it.

The Q10 is not class leading when it comes to low light, but the art filters and the film like grain give it a look that seems almost analog or lomo. So can the Q10 work in available light? Yes! Learn to embrace its flaws and work with them.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX Q10  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX Q10  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX Q10  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX Q10  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX Q10  Photo 

Views: 1,027
11-07-2014, 12:40 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Nice set!
11-07-2014, 02:05 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Every time I am ready to push the button to buy one, something stops me. Maybe someday.
11-07-2014, 02:13 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Lovely set!