Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
A lion is watching
Lens: Pentax-M 50mm f/1.7 Camera: K100D Super 
Posted By: LensBeginner, 11-08-2014, 01:24 AM

One back from the day when I was always pushing my luck regarding shutter speed (1/15 handheld) and getting good results nonetheless... beginner's luck I guess...
Edit: seeing it here it appears less sharp, on Flickr it's sharper, probably a resize thing...


Views: 345
11-08-2014, 02:09 AM   #2
Veteran Member
flaviopetrone's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Reggio Emilia
Photos: Albums
Posts: 1,153
QuoteOriginally posted by LensBeginner Quote
One back from the day when I was always pushing my luck regarding shutter speed (1/15 handheld) and getting good results nonetheless... beginner's luck I guess...
Edit: seeing it here it appears less sharp, on Flickr it's sharper, probably a resize thing...

It happened a few times to me too. The funny side is that when I set deliberately a slow shutter speed and try to neither breath, all the pictures I take are blurred.

Anyway, this is a good one, looks like the lions in the center of Reggio Emilia, but they are uglier.
11-08-2014, 02:27 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Tumbleweed, Arizona
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 5,412
I too am learning my lesson. I was up in Sedona a couple of weeks ago. I tend to have my ISO too low, and even with a lot of light, it can pull the shutter speed down a bit too close to the threshold that even with SR, you are really pushing the limit. I like ISO 80, but realizing that 200 and 400 are friendly also.

11-08-2014, 07:11 AM   #4
Resident fiddler
Loyal Site Supporter
LensBeginner's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2014
Photos: Albums
Posts: 4,524
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by flaviopetrone Quote
It happened a few times to me too. The funny side is that when I set deliberately a slow shutter speed and try to neither breath, all the pictures I take are blurred.

Anyway, this is a good one, looks like the lions in the center of Reggio Emilia, but they are uglier.
QuoteOriginally posted by interested_observer Quote
I too am learning my lesson. I was up in Sedona a couple of weeks ago. I tend to have my ISO too low, and even with a lot of light, it can pull the shutter speed down a bit too close to the threshold that even with SR, you are really pushing the limit. I like ISO 80, but realizing that 200 and 400 are friendly also.

Thanks!

Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, luck, photo
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Nature Dove Watching Me Watching Him OnTheWeb Post Your Photos! 7 06-28-2018 07:02 AM
Streets Volodya is watching you :) ogl Post Your Photos! 6 07-19-2014 10:03 AM
Pets Argus is always watching djpattiecake Pentax K-3 Photo Contest 5 06-02-2014 09:56 AM
Careful, Ricoh is watching you... ChrisPlatt Pentax Film SLR Discussion 7 03-04-2014 08:19 PM
Nature Kiss from a sea lion starjedi Post Your Photos! 5 02-26-2014 08:34 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:29 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top