Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

something for you Back to the Future movie fans
Posted By: little laker, 05-19-2008, 02:29 AM

I was at a car show on Sunday, and this old DeLorean DMC-12 was there.

Being the same car they used in the Back to the Future movies I though it might interest some people here.
Although I couldn't get a decent angle, or even a break in the foot traffic. So I'm not all that happy with the photo.

I also have a photo of the Blues Brothers car, which I might post tomorrow. Although I'm not all that fond of my pic as well (I liked the movies though)
Views: 2,915
05-20-2008, 05:06 PM   #16
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Gooshin Quote
nice find! these cars are rare indeed.

however as far as cars go this one is junk, really if you think about it its a lotus esprit made from stainless steel.

a heavy car with a junk of an engine, it is no suprise that the company didnt go anywhere afterwards.

/rant

And, if memory serves, an electrical system designed by Lotus. Probably why the Flux Capacitor didn't ignite without someone almost getting shot.

Jer

05-20-2008, 05:15 PM   #17
Veteran Member

blast from the past..

Thanks for the "blast" from the past Stu..

I actually just watched this show with my son this last weekend.. and he couldn't get over how cool it was that the doors opened up instead off to the side.. LOL..
05-20-2008, 07:47 PM   #18
Veteran Member

DeLorean cars are not that rare, just about every 'vintage' car show and/or auction I've been to has one or two. They also sell for not very much, and in two auctions last year two Deloreans went unsold.
05-20-2008, 07:59 PM   #19
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks everyone, and sorry they wouldn't let me anywhere near the flux capacitor. SO I didn't get a shot of it
And the streets were too crowded to hit 88mph
Plus if I would have sat in it I'd have had to get lifted out of something that low at the time.

However I did get a few ideas for my own cars. Plus if it fits I might finally have a rumble seat cover (trunk lid) for my one car.
So even though I didn't get the photographs I was hoping for it was worth the trip

I've got to meet up with my partner for a while, but should post that Blues Brothers car sometime tonight.
Again it isn't the shot I was hoping for, but it's better than I had before.

05-20-2008, 08:07 PM   #20
Veteran Member

Believe it or not, the DeLorean Motor Company still exists (though it is not affiliated with John DeLorean).

They are based in Texas, and when the original DeLorean Motor Company (which was in northern Ireland) went bankrupt, the texas company was created and bought the rights to the DeLorean name as well as the stock of parts.

To this day they rebuild old DeLoreans, and also assemble new ones from the parts stock as well as reproductions. They also upgraded the engine.

Check out DeLorean Motor Company Home

(I saw this on the Discovery channel a few days ago and was stunned that they still make DMC's)

Pat
05-20-2008, 09:25 PM   #21
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ve2vfd Quote
Believe it or not, the DeLorean Motor Company still exists (though it is not affiliated with John DeLorean).

They are based in Texas, and when the original DeLorean Motor Company (which was in northern Ireland) went bankrupt, the texas company was created and bought the rights to the DeLorean name as well as the stock of parts.

To this day they rebuild old DeLoreans, and also assemble new ones from the parts stock as well as reproductions. They also upgraded the engine.

(I saw this on the Discovery channel a few days ago and was stunned that they still make DMC's)

Pat
As a child of the 80's that's awesome. I love Deloreans. Not becasue of the BTF movie. Just because I've always liked them.

Thanks for posting the pic.
05-20-2008, 09:39 PM   #22
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ve2vfd Quote

Pat
Thanks for that info Pat, for the mere price of $63,933.95 I can have the DeLorean of my dreams...... Almost. Even with a light weight car 197 hp is rather lame these days
I think that I'd specially order in my choice of motor. Rotary Engine here I come