Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
Kastor river
Posted By: takis63, 11-11-2014, 03:48 PM

Hi everyone.

This is a shot from a trip to Kastor river on Mt. Taygetus Greece.

I think it came out really well.

Takis

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX *ist DL  Photo 

Views: 1,241
11-11-2014, 04:37 PM   #2
MSL
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the forums.
This isn't a bad shot - you've captured the flowing water well. But the image is lacking in color and you might want to try to boost it just a little, if only to get the green plants to pop a bit to give the scene a bit more contrast.
If this sort of shot interests you, you might look into neutral density filters which allow for slow shutter speeds without having to go to very small apertures.
11-11-2014, 04:37 PM   #3
Imp
Pentaxian

Everything is nice and sharp! I've only done this type of photo once before, and I didn't have a tripod so some leaves were blurry.

---------- Post added 11-11-14 at 06:40 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by MSL Quote
But the image is lacking in color and you might want to try to boost it just a little...
I just posted a couple of pictures, "At the lake". Take a look - how you see them is different than how I saw them during processing. On the website they appear somewhat unsaturated. I know monitor calibration is a problem for printing and all that, but why do you think photos might look different than when on the website?

Any thoughts?
11-11-2014, 04:44 PM   #4
MSL
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Imp Quote
I just posted a couple of pictures, "At the lake". Take a look - how you see them is different than how I saw them during processing. On the website they appear somewhat unsaturated. I know monitor calibration is a problem for printing and all that, but why do you think photos might look different than when on the website?
I was just commenting on them at the time you were writing this
Calibration is definitely a factor although I tend to look more at overall contrast rather than exact hues or colors.

11-11-2014, 09:41 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
MSL you are right but i did not have a ND filter so i had to use a small aperture. Interesting that you find the image lacking in colour. I thought it was OK but apparently it needs some more. Food for thought.

---------- Post added 11-12-14 at 06:42 AM ----------

Everything is nice and sharp! I've only done this type of photo once before, and I didn't have a tripod so some leaves were blurry.

Any thoughts?
Imp thanks for your comments.

---------- Post added 11-12-14 at 06:42 AM ----------

Any thoughts?
Imp thanks for your comments.

---------- Post added 11-12-14 at 06:43 AM ----------

Imp thanks for you comments.
11-12-2014, 08:54 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Very nice image...the se on the water creates a very lush soft beauty.....I am not bothered by the color overall.Although I might give the slightest of adjustment to white balance..I am trying to understand your problem...are you saying that on the same screen it appears different on the website as on your image viewer? Or on different screens?
11-12-2014, 10:27 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by phoenixvision Quote
Very nice image...the se on the water creates a very lush soft beauty.....I am not bothered by the color overall.Although I might give the slightest of adjustment to white balance..I am trying to understand your problem...are you saying that on the same screen it appears different on the website as on your image viewer? Or on different screens?
I am not bothered by the colour either. And no, the picture looks the same on the website as on my image viewer. But another user earlier said that he would have liked more colour to give the picture more contrast. I might try it...

11-12-2014, 10:52 AM   #8
Veteran Member

you can also try playing with the black and white levels to give some contrast....and the slightest of adjustments with the white balance...maybe...check it...
11-12-2014, 10:57 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks for the tips. I will
11-12-2014, 11:01 AM   #10
Veteran Member

Nothing,,,It's a beautiful shot anyway as it is....good work
11-13-2014, 01:13 AM   #11
Veteran Member

Good shots, nice colors.
11-13-2014, 01:54 AM   #12
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by madhurvyas Quote
Good shots, nice colors.
Thanks!
07-23-2018, 01:57 PM - 1 Like   #13
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by takis63 Quote
Hi everyone.

This is a shot from a trip to Kastor river on Mt. Taygetus Greece.

I think it came out really well.

Takis
Yes, it did!