Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
3 Likes  #1
The secrets of Florence
Lens: Pentax-M 50mm f/1.7 Camera: K100D Super Photo Location: Florence 
Posted By: LensBeginner, 11-15-2014, 03:43 AM

A portrait on a stone of Palazzo Vecchio, rumored to have been made my Michelangelo Buonarroti himself...
There are many versions of this story, some believe that he was constantly bothered by a gentleman, and while he was talking his ears off he made his portrait (some even say with his hands behind his back!).
Others believe this to be the portrait of a pilloried man, or even of one who was being hung to death.
Yet another version says this is the imrpomptu portrait of a politician who was giving a speech.

At any rate it is masterfully executed and well deserving of the admiration of just a few educated tourists that know where to look!

Views: 611
11-15-2014, 03:53 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
very well executed....sculpture and photo....You seem to have a wide range of engaging information from mushrooms to relics...thanks for all the back story....!
11-15-2014, 03:54 AM - 1 Like   #3
PJ1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Nice shot and an interesting story. I will have to check it out. We are doing some walking in Tuscany and Umbria next June and will end up in Florence. Been there before and always wanted to go back.
11-15-2014, 05:56 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I like descriptions together with pictures. History, geography, social informations and everything can put the viewer in condition to understand better what he is looking at. Well done!

11-15-2014, 06:37 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
Thanks all!
@phoenixvision
I like to cultivate many interests and I'm a curious person

@PJ1
Tuscany and Umbria are chock-full of interesting places... some of them are not quite mainstream (Sansepolcro, Cortona, Castelfranco di Sopra...) but are real jewels...
Basically in Tuscany wherever you turn your head you'll find the odd chapel or small church with a couple Giottos or a Masaccio or a Beato Angelico inside... :P
11-15-2014, 07:01 AM   #6
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
For some reason that is just an amazing capture.. the detail in the stone etc... it's a real "art" image.