Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
There will be a test...
Lens: K135 2.5 Camera: K5 Photo Location: Knoxville, Tennessee 
Posted By: CreationBear, 11-15-2014, 12:05 PM

Getting to know my new-to-me K135 2.5-- a bit of a handful for a walk-about lens, but not bad for sniping architectural details. Its IQ is higher than mine, though--these "Raven's Matrices" left me scratching my head.

Views: 876
11-15-2014, 12:28 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
No hiding from that lens! Nice set of elements....all nice captures individually and as a set they work well.....
11-15-2014, 12:46 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by phoenixvision Quote
as a set

Thanks for the reply--although I've got to pay more attention to what's happening on the right side of the OVF...my eyeglasses make that kind of a Bermuda Triangle if the framing is a little tight.
11-15-2014, 01:34 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Very nice series with a lens that would be on anyone's short list. TFS, J

11-15-2014, 01:57 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
anyone's short list.

Thanks! Yesterday was my first day with it, but I really think it's a keeper--although with a hood especially it (literally) doesn't fit the rest of my "Limited"-scaled kit.
11-15-2014, 02:30 PM   #6
Veteran Member

I like the idea of a 135mm as an architectural detail lens. Here are a few "architecture" shots of gingerbread houses with the 135 2.8

Cheers

11-15-2014, 02:47 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by oculus Quote
135mm as an architectural detail lens

Ha, that's pretty neat--the "Macy's" detail especially makes me think it has a lot of tricks up its sleeve.

11-15-2014, 03:50 PM   #8
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
QuoteOriginally posted by First Poster Quote
"Raven's Matrices"
I must admit to having to Google that one in relation to these images, but I'm not really sure that I'm any the wiser.
11-15-2014, 07:02 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Ha, that's the problem with being Verbal Kint 'monst all y'all "visual" thinkers.

At any rate, I have a newfound appreciation of what you pull off with your "Special Lady" in an urban environment--a 135mm FL made it feel as if I were balancing a broom handle on my nose.
11-15-2014, 10:35 PM   #10

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by CreationBear Quote
Thanks for the reply--although I've got to pay more attention to what's happening on the right side of the OVF...my eyeglasses make that kind of a Bermuda Triangle if the framing is a little tight.
Same here! I'm almost thinking I need to try new glasses frames, if I try to take a quick shot it's easy for me to lose part of the frame in the viewfinder.

Very nice pics, though! I really like the color palette.
11-16-2014, 02:37 AM   #11
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Ha, that's the problem with being Verbal Kint 'monst all y'all "visual" thinkers.
Aye but you often do this to me... I'm sent scuttling of to Google in the endeavour of trying to keep up with you.

feel as if I were balancing a broom handle on my nose
For me the extra weight and length gives the left hand something to hang on to when focusing, cos remember my "Lady luck” (SMC Pentax-A* 135mm F1.8) is a very manual Lady like your K.
11-16-2014, 08:08 AM   #12
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Roypercy Quote
I really like the color palette.

Thanks! With a bluebird sky and direct sun I did get some fringing when the light was brutal, but under more civilized conditions I really like the colors as well.

---------- Post added 11-16-14 at 08:13 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
is a very manual Lady

You are aware, sir, of just how many replies I've written and then deleted? In that same vein though, the build quality of the K135 is just wonderful--I'm afraid if I got an Acratech head to go with it (and I might have to, in order to handle the extra weight) I wouldn't leave the house.
11-16-2014, 08:15 AM   #13
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

You are aware, sir, of just how many replies I've written and then deleted
Your consideration for my delicate sensitivity overwhelms me.