Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

SMC Super Tak 55 VS Fuji XF 56
Posted By: eddie1960, 11-15-2014, 01:48 PM

So for todays Single in I did some comparisons.
I decided to compare the SMC Supert Tak 55 on the K7, to the XF56 on the XE2. To give the tak every advantage I corrected WB and CA (the Fuji is more accurate on WB and has lens correction built in to the raw) While it's not as good I think it's damn lose for a lens close to 50 years older the album they are in on flickr has both lenses @ 2.0,2.8,4.0,5.6,8.0 all with the same static subject though you will need to look at the tags to see which is which until I label them all

Tak

Fuji

Views: 2,079
11-17-2014, 11:52 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Mr Bassie Quote
Yes but you do get AF with the XF as well as a tiny bit faster glass.

But I do love my Takumars. There is something special about the way they render a picture. For the money they are a great deal IMHO.
I love my taks as well, but basically 1 extra stop and excellent AF along with the rest I can't complain (I haven't tried the K3 but the XE af with this lens is quite a bit superior to my K7 (and quite as qell focus and shutter - it's amazing how much noise and vibration is lost with the mirror. I can hand hold reasonably well a stop faster than i could the pentax without SR turned on, that combined with the speed means i don't miss the SR as much as I thought I would (at 35mm af its the plastic fantastic 2.4 vs XF @ 1.4)

11-17-2014, 12:16 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Mr Bassie Quote
Have you tried mounting the tak on your XE2?
the last set of tests (the seed packet) and my whole Single in November output are the tak mounted on the XE2, I hit focus far more reliably with the peaking through the EVF and the sensor is better than the k7 sensor by leaps and bounds. Focus peaking makes these old lenses so much easier for these old eyes

it is almost the same size with the adaptor (length wise) as the XF50 mounted but smaller and lighter. I will probably shoot with the 50 1.4 in December (or maybe the 28 or 35 3.5 both excellent)
The longer lenses I'll leave to the k7 for the SR (I really should grab a k50 clearout)