Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
My Sled Dog.
Lens: Tamron 28-200mm Camera: K-50 Photo Location: Idaho 
Posted By: Dewman, 11-16-2014, 11:42 PM

We had a winter storm dump over 8" of snow earlier in the week and my dog, Buckwheat and I went for a walk. He loves the snow, as you can tell. Tonight, at 8:30, it was already 3 below zero.... and falling fast. Weather man is calling for dense fog tomorrow, with a high of 16 degrees. They're predicting one of the worst winters on record this year.

Dewman
SW Idaho, USA

Last edited by Dewman; 12-16-2014 at 02:29 AM.
Views: 1,593
11-17-2014, 12:35 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Well taken photo of a nice looking dog.
11-17-2014, 02:50 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Nice picture! You are right, the dog looks very comfortable in the snow.
I have noticed that you used the tamron 28/200 to take this shot, do you like that lens? I think that I have the same lens, it is not very sharp, or not?
11-17-2014, 03:55 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by flaviopetrone Quote
I have noticed that you used the tamron 28/200 to take this shot, do you like that lens? I think that I have the same lens, it is not very sharp, or not?

It is my "go to" lens. I like it more than any lens I have for general, walk-around photography and the occasional close-up of flowers and butterflies. Yes, my copy is a very sharp lens. I have heard others say it wasn't sharp, but not so with mine.

Dewman
SW Idaho, USA

11-17-2014, 04:31 AM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Dewman Quote
It is my "go to" lens. I like it more than any lens I have for general, walk-around photography and the occasional close-up of flowers and butterflies. Yes, my copy is a very sharp lens. I have heard others say it wasn't sharp, but not so with mine.
Yes, it has a big focal lenght so is very useful as a walkaround. I have it always in my bag, but usually I try to avoid to use it since my copy is not so good...
11-17-2014, 04:40 AM   #6
Veteran Member

I have the "Promaster" version of this lens, and mine is not very sharp either; although, perhaps I simply need to practice more with it to find the "sweet spot".
11-17-2014, 04:43 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by oculus Quote
I have the "Promaster" version of this lens, and mine is not very sharp either; although, perhaps I simply need to practice more with it to find the "sweet spot".

I suppose I must have the rare exception in that my copy seems to do very well at just about all focal lengths and most apertures. It was a yard sale find for $15.00.

Dewman
SW Idaho, USA

11-17-2014, 04:43 AM   #8
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by oculus Quote
Of course maybe it is the same problem that I have. You know, in photography a lot of times the problem is just behind the camera...

Seriously, I read a lot of people saying this lens is not very sharp, for this reason is quite cheap (second hand), but now that Dewman said his lens is sharp, I'm considering that maybe the problem is me. I need to check.
11-17-2014, 04:51 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Of course maybe it is the same problem that I have. You know, in photography a lot of times the problem is just behind the camera... .
Yes! I'm quite confident that my mediocre photos are the result of a mediocre photographer!
11-17-2014, 04:53 AM   #10
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I shoot most of my photography with either a monopod or a tripod, which might help the sharpness of this lens. Who knows?

Dewman
SW Idaho, USA
11-17-2014, 04:57 AM   #11
Veteran Member

I shoot most of my photography with either a monopod or a tripod, which might help the sharpness of this lens. Who knows?

Dewman
SW Idaho, USA
I will give it a try again, but last time I was with a tripod too, a big and heavy manfrotto.
Lately here is always raining, most of the times suddenly, so I am using just the 18/55, the only WR lens that I have. Fortunately even yesterday, because while I was shooting a rainbow, suddenly it started to rain. I was very close to the car but the camera finished totally wet!!!
11-17-2014, 05:01 AM   #12
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I will give it a try again, but last time I was with a tripod too, a big and heavy manfrotto.
Lately here is always raining, most of the times suddenly, so I am using just the 18/55, the only WR lens that I have. Fortunately even yesterday, because while I was shooting a rainbow, suddenly it started to rain. I was very close to the car but the camera finished totally wet!!!

My problem lately is not rain, but snow and bitterly cold weather! Minus 7 degrees F! Tomorrow is dense fog with a high of 16 degrees F!

Dewman
SW Idaho, USA
11-17-2014, 05:53 AM   #13
Veteran Member

My problem lately is not rain, but snow and bitterly cold weather! Minus 7 degrees F! Tomorrow is dense fog with a high of 16 degrees F!

Dewman
SW Idaho, USA
I know what you are talking about... in some days we will have the same temperature... But I like it. I know, hands freeze in that conditions, but the ice/snow is amazingly beautiful.
11-17-2014, 09:08 AM   #14
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Great shot of your "sled" dog. Fog and snow sounds wonderful. Here is Colorado we hardly ever see fog. Gotta love winter in the west - frigid cold but equally beautiful!
11-17-2014, 04:08 PM   #15
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
You must have a tiny sled!
Nice photo