Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
4 Cats on a wall
Lens: 43mm Camera: k3 Photo Location: a wall 
Posted By: phoenixvision, 11-17-2014, 08:06 AM

I couldnt fit the four together in a 43mm shot, so they each get their own....and you may notice in one shot...3 more cats in the background...

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 

Views: 651
11-17-2014, 09:22 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
The third one, with some cats out of focus in the background, is nice!
11-17-2014, 12:41 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I commented on the firs shot elsewhere but the third one is fantastic.
11-17-2014, 01:15 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I usually don't comment on photos as I think what works (or does not work) for me does not mean the same for you or anyone else. And I am usually very harsh on photo critiques (even on my own photos); I hope you take this with a grain of salt, or suggestion only.

For me, I would get closer to the cat - "if you think you are close enough get closer".... because of two things, the background in those photos are too distracting and the subject "cat" is not interesting enough; also you may have some FF/BF issue since my copy of the 43f1,8 is very sharp at f3.5 even at f2.0. Another area is the lighting, try white cat with darker background and opposite for black cat. Again, just IMHO and very subjective, don't take it as negative.

Last edited by aleonx3; 11-17-2014 at 01:30 PM.
11-17-2014, 01:49 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by aleonx3 Quote
For me, I would get closer to the cat - "if you think you are close enough get closer".... because of two things, the background in those photos are too distracting and the subject "cat" is not interesting enough; also you may have some FF/BF issue since my copy of the 43f1,8 is very sharp at f3.5 even at f2.0. Another area is the lighting, try white cat with darker background and opposite for black cat. Again, just IMHO and very subjective, don't take it as negativ
Your thoughts and comments are always much appreciated...I learned a long time ago to listen to everyone,perspective is a good thing....in this case....I would consider your suggestions helpful in finding the correct framing and cropping.....Physically I got as close to the cats as the cats would allow...with each it was a different chemistry and a different game of patience and trust with the cat to get as close as possible......
QuoteOriginally posted by flaviopetrone Quote
The third one, with some cats out of focus in the background, is nice!
that was my favorite too...originally my idea was to see how many cats I could get in one photo....There were in actuality nine cats in the surrounding area
...that was the only photo I could get with multiple cats.
QuoteOriginally posted by eddie1960 Quote
I commented on the firs shot elsewhere but the third one is fantastic.
This is the first time I posted that shot, but I did shoot some other cats on that wall the other day.....thanks for remembering!

11-17-2014, 03:22 PM   #6
Veteran Member

They're all lovely but that first one, OH, that's nice. That's the shot that grabs me. Can you get more cat, less wall from that? I think a closer crop would benefit this one a lot. This shot it's all about those eyes. Too much background...
11-17-2014, 03:47 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by magkelly Quote
They're all lovely but that first one, OH, that's nice. That's the shot that grabs me. Can you get more cat, less wall from that? I think a closer crop would benefit this one a lot. This shot it's all about those eyes. Too much background...
I will do a reedit tomorrow! Oer try to work my way closer....