Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
1 Like  
It's official, the shovels are out...
Posted By: normhead, 11-18-2014, 02:47 PM

It is way too early for this, this usually happens about Dec. 28..

Last year at this time the most interesting picture taken on this date was a fisheye of dreamer....

And last year was a bad winter.
Views: 1,535
11-19-2014, 12:53 AM   #16

Really like the close up of the shovels against the colour of the ballistrade

11-19-2014, 05:21 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I feel for ya Norm but at least you are not in Buffalo !
11-19-2014, 12:28 PM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
holy moly !!!! but on the upside you've got beautiful shots to shoot.... dave m
11-19-2014, 12:44 PM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by gordon_l34 Quote
Hi,
And It was 41.5 degrees Celsius here on Sunday for the last day of the G20.
To convert C to F multiply by 9/5 and add on 32 = 106.7!
Regards.
…and you warm weather softies in Queensland think Tasmania's cold!

Strictly cool temperate climate here…

Like your photos, Norm, and your note about getting the colour balance right by working in the separate colour channels. You might think about writing an article on that topic, seeing you look like having a few snow-bound days on your hands in the near future.

11-19-2014, 01:56 PM   #20
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by RobA_Oz Quote
…and you warm weather softies in Queensland think Tasmania's cold!

Strictly cool temperate climate here…

Like your photos, Norm, and your note about getting the colour balance right by working in the separate colour channels. You might think about writing an article on that topic, seeing you look like having a few snow-bound days on your hands in the near future.
I only have Aperture so I'm not sure how everyone else's software works, but essentially I go in to levels, there's an RBG option, which I ignore when it's clearly unbalanced, I change it to the the R, B, or G, option and set the start and endpoint sliders to the start and end of each histogram in each separate colour. I'm not sure I could write a whole article about it.
11-19-2014, 02:27 PM   #21
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
I only have Aperture so I'm not sure how everyone else's software works, but essentially I go in to levels, there's an RBG option, which I ignore when it's clearly unbalanced, I change it to the the R, B, or G, option and set the start and endpoint sliders to the start and end of each histogram in each separate colour. I'm not sure I could write a whole article about it.
So, basically, you do it by eye?
11-19-2014, 03:03 PM   #22
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by RobA_Oz Quote
So, basically, you do it by eye?
I find if the beginning and end sliders are where they are supposed to be it's pretty much done. But, ya, I do almost everything by eye, in some ways I'm uncomfortable even doing this .... I had really blue light... that's the way it was in nature. If I wanted to take more time on it, I'd probably find a compromise, I'm not sure you can automate that.

Your eye tries to adjust and does a white balance , so it didn't look like this ^, but it didn't look like this either

Last edited by normhead; 11-19-2014 at 03:34 PM.