Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
It's official, the shovels are out...
Lens: Sigma 8-16 Camera: K-01 Photo Location: My back yard 
Posted By: normhead, 11-18-2014, 02:47 PM

It is way too early for this, this usually happens about Dec. 28..

Last year at this time the most interesting picture taken on this date was a fisheye of dreamer....

And last year was a bad winter.
Views: 1,531
11-18-2014, 03:05 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
really nce set, very elegant....super color balancing....
11-18-2014, 03:12 PM   #3
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Bad Norm. LOL I didn't need to see this. My sister claimed a few weeks ago we wouldn't have a bad winter because there were fewer acorns. Looking at your photos, I can say without a doubt, she was wrong.

Forgot to add. Love photo number one and always glad to see a photo of Dreamer!

Last edited by photolady95; 11-18-2014 at 03:25 PM.
11-18-2014, 03:33 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Only six months until you can put them away again. Why is Canada so empty I wonder.

11-18-2014, 03:43 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Nice set!
11-18-2014, 04:00 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Wow, first snow! we don't see much of it here... it snows just once every year and it usually doesn't stick...
Today I posted one picture with snow as well, but I had to get there with the car (about 1000m higher than where I live)...
Nice pictures and framing, first one I like very much... almost completely B&W with that red accent...
11-18-2014, 04:16 PM   #7
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
QuoteOriginally posted by First Poster Quote
It's official, the shovels are out...
Oh dear, I'm glad that's not here yet, we're still enjoy mild sunny ish conditions during the day with 6C plus numbers.

11-18-2014, 04:34 PM   #8
Pentaxian

Same here...snow that is. Got my 5-6 different snow shovels (for different types of snow) and 2 scrapers, roof tool to remove snow drifts off roof. Geez...got to get some gas for the snowblower.
11-18-2014, 04:49 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Norm, you guys must have more of the white stuff (and strong wind too) there today.... first taste of winter for sure. Again, great photos there.
11-18-2014, 05:19 PM   #10
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by phoenixvision Quote
really nce set, very elegant....super color balancing....
I had to go into the separate R, G and B levels to get the white balance... otherwise they would have been completely blue.

QuoteOriginally posted by photolady95 Quote
Bad Norm. LOL I didn't need to see this. My sister claimed a few weeks ago we wouldn't have a bad winter because there were fewer acorns. Looking at your photos, I can say without a doubt, she was wrong.

Forgot to add. Love photo number one and always glad to see a photo of Dreamer!
Sorry, you did't need to see it, and I didn't need to shovel it, my muscles ache, I'm not readeeeeeeeeeeeeey

QuoteOriginally posted by Mr Bassie Quote
Wow. Stay safe and warm.
Right after I posted this the power went out. But we heat with wood, so at least we're warm.

QuoteOriginally posted by Dr Orloff Quote
Only six months until you can put them away again. Why is Canada so empty I wonder.
Only tough people live here. No warm weather softies up where I live.

QuoteOriginally posted by takis63 Quote
Nice set!
Thanks

QuoteOriginally posted by LensBeginner Quote
Wow, first snow! we don't see much of it here... it snows just once every year and it usually doesn't stick...
Today I posted one picture with snow as well, but I had to get there with the car (about 1000m higher than where I live)...
Nice pictures and framing, first one I like very much... almost completely B&W with that red accent...
Thanks, the first one is the Sigma 8-16, at 12mm I think, handy in a snow storm..

QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
Oh dear, I'm glad that's not here yet, we're still enjoy mild sunny ish conditions during the day with 6C plus numbers.
It was -16 when I got up. Balmy...

QuoteOriginally posted by lesmore49 Quote
Same here...snow that is. Got my 5-6 different snow shovels (for different types of snow) and 2 scrapers, roof tool to remove snow drifts off roof. Geez...got to get some gas for the snowblower.
This is so early I don't have gas in the blower, and couldn't get my generator started when the power went out.

QuoteOriginally posted by aleonx3 Quote
Norm, you guys must have more of the white stuff (and strong wind too) there today.... first taste of winter for sure. Again, great photos there.
The first taste is usually a little milder... we been robbed (of our last few days of fall.)
11-18-2014, 05:20 PM   #11
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
It was -16 when I got up. Balmy...
So that was you out skinny dipping then...
11-18-2014, 07:31 PM   #12
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
So that was you out skinny dipping then...
No shrinkage or anything like that either...
But seriously;y, I know darn well if you'd seen me skinny dipping my picture would be all over the NSFW section,
It wouldn't get you any "likes' either.
And might lead to the inclusion of a "WTF" button kind of like the "like" button.
11-18-2014, 08:25 PM   #13
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

OH NO, say it ain't SO, is that SNOW.
11-18-2014, 09:21 PM   #14
MSL
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thanks Norm - you make me feel so much better being "down south" in the Toronto area

QuoteOriginally posted by Dr Orloff Quote
Actually it is a little more complicated than that. Local temperatures this morning were -8 C, with a wind chill pushing it down to -18. But they are calling for +10 next week so go figure.
11-19-2014, 12:46 AM   #15
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Hi,
And It was 41.5 degrees Celsius here on Sunday for the last day of the G20.
To convert C to F multiply by 9/5 and add on 32 = 106.7!
Regards.