2 Likes  #1
Shine
Posted By: redcat, 11-20-2014, 02:57 PM

Views: 1,174
11-20-2014, 03:21 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
A... Japanese (?) dancer?
Coincidence: I've seen a Japanese dance event just days ago...
Nice picture (even though I would have corrected the WB a bit, but can see where you are going with this soft and warm feel)

Edit: on a second look it doesn't seem Japanese at all... China maybe? :-|
11-20-2014, 03:24 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Its a very nice photo, with soft golden light that really does make the dancer look shiny!
11-20-2014, 03:27 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by LensBeginner Quote
A... Japanese (?) dancer? Coincidence: I've seen a Japanese dance event just days ago... Nice picture (even though I would have corrected the WB a bit, but can see where you are going with this soft and warm feel) Edit: on a second look it doesn't seem Japanese at all... China maybe? :-|
thanks a lot, I want to keep the shiny golden mood in this image but maybe my screen is not well calibrated and yeah, the dancer is Chinese ^^

---------- Post added 11-20-14 at 11:30 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Na Horuk Quote
Its a very nice photo, with soft golden light that really does make the dancer look shiny!
thank you, I really love the shiny golden outfit of her, and the way she move is amazing

11-20-2014, 03:35 PM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by redcat Quote
thanks a lot, I want to keep the shiny golden mood in this image but maybe my screen is not well calibrated and yeah, the dancer is Chinese ^^
Thanks for the info.
Well... with a proper WB you could still retain the shimmer with a mask, or, more easily by tweaks in the HSL panel (and eventually Saturation/Vibrance).
And do yourself a favor, buy a colorimeter, even if only a lowly Spider 3 as I did...
I'm using a Samsung led TV as a monitor, and their WB is set way too blue because it looks "cooler" with movies...
A calibrator will save your PP work!
11-20-2014, 03:39 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks for the info. Well... with a proper WB you could still retain the shimmer with a mask, or, more easily by tweaks in the HSL panel (and eventually Saturation/Vibrance). And do yourself a favor, buy a colorimeter, even if only a lowly Spider 3 as I did... I'm using a Samsung led TV as a monitor, and their WB is set way too blue because it looks "cooler" with movies... A calibrator will save your PP work!
wow, thanks a lot, I'll definitely try the technique you mentioned, a colorimeter is in my "to buy" list, I hope can get one this X-mas
11-20-2014, 04:27 PM   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by redcat Quote
wow, thanks a lot, I'll definitely try the technique you mentioned, a colorimeter is in my "to buy" list, I hope can get one this X-mas
Do that, you'll thank yourself later!
I'm always kicking myself because I have thousands of picture I have processed without a properly calibrated monitor, and they're all too dark (no color shifts luckily)...
When I gave them to someone to print, prints always came out too dark as well, but I didn't know how much to correct.
When I want to post them somewhere I have to develop them from the RAWs again, and it's a huge PITA, esp. with macro shots, as they're riddled with dust on sensor (which is really evident in the neighbourhood of f/22)...

11-20-2014, 04:31 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Do that, you'll thank yourself later! I'm always kicking myself because I have thousands of picture I have processed without a properly calibrated monitor, and they're all too dark (no color shifts luckily)... When I gave them to someone to print, prints always came out too dark as well, but I didn't know how much to correct. When I want to post them somewhere I have to develop them from the RAWs again, and it's a huge PITA, esp. with macro shots, as they're riddled with dust on sensor (which is really evident in the neighbourhood of f/22)...
great advice ! I'll totally do that, thanks again for sharing your hard-earned experience
06-23-2018, 12:28 PM   #9
Pentaxian

Stunning shot!
06-23-2018, 02:11 PM   #10
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Photogoof Quote
Stunning shot!
...déjà vu?
...we should keep a record book for this sort of achievements... three years and a half is no mean feat!
06-24-2018, 08:16 PM - 1 Like   #11
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Photogoof Quote
Stunning shot!
...déjà vu?...we should keep a record book for this sort of achievements... three years and a half is no mean feat!
right we'll make a Guinness PentaxForum Record Thanks Photogoof & LensBeginner